Sportsound Watch

(4:45 as games get into extra time) Kenny: "Ok, so which of your former teammates would be best on celebrity big brother?"

FFS an absolute waste of atoms. 

1 hour ago, ThomCat said:

(4:45 as games get into extra time) Kenny: "Ok, so which of your former teammates would be best on celebrity big brother?"

FFS an absolute waste of atoms. 

I swear I heard a full time whistle when that was going on and lost the plot. Shouting at the radio, what fucking game is finished you idiots.

Didn't help that Morton missed a last minute penalty but f**k me I nearly drove into oncoming traffic in a rage

Rory Loy got all defensive when being corrected on his pronunciation of MacIver. Aye, ok Rory, not every word is said as you see. 

Edited by sophia
a vowel

7 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I'm surprised they've even bothered thiz avdernoon. 

The Scoddish Championshib has nuving to do with what's happening at Ibrix. 

No, but we can get to hear MacIntyre say “big BIG” loads of times, as well as pronounce Dundee as “Dindee”.

Oh, & he shoehorned VAR in yet again even though it was a “non VAR” week, partly because Kettlewell was still greeting about last weeks game against Aberdeen. 

2 hours ago, sophia said:

Rory Loy got all defensive when being corrected on his pronunciation of MacIver. Aye, ok Rory, not every word is said as you see. 

Rory Loy has very rapidly went from being the best pundit hands down to argumentative over the most petty of things and hysterical when ever one of his footballing mates get criticised. Noticed it first when we sacked McPake but it's only got worse.

Sad to see.

21 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Wonder if there's a way of organising some kind of P&B open all mics.

Shouldn't be that difficult

That's a great shout but there'll be some  broadcasting restrictions that prevent it I would've thought.

Taking on the national radio station covering the national game should be a "big big" challenge, 983 pages of examples on this thread show otherwise.

I'd be amazed if an open all mics type programme containing score updates from the senior and non leagues that contained no ex pros whatsoever couldn't be a "big big" success.

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

That's a great shout but there'll be some  broadcasting restrictions that prevent it I would've thought.

You need to have rights to even report from games.

The Big Saturday Football Show on the non-Clyde former Bauer stations sends a reporter (usually Steve Cowan) to a game, but he can only give team news and half-time and full-time reports. 

Does Superscoreboard on Clyde have proper in-play reports?

As much as they ruined it later waffling about VAR, I was pleasantly surprised that the hour between 2-3 was kept to Championship talk and a visit to all the grounds. Was sure they were going to spend that talking about a Scotland friendly.

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Rory Loy has very rapidly went from being the best pundit hands down to argumentative over the most petty of things and hysterical when ever one of his footballing mates get criticised. Noticed it first when we sacked McPake but it's only got worse.

Sad to see.

He was never good.

5 hours ago, The Master said:

You need to have rights to even report from games.

The Big Big Saturday Football Show on the non-Clyde former Bauer stations sends a reporter (usually Steve Cowan) to a game, but he can only give team news and half-time and full-time reports. 

Does Superscoreboard on Clyde have proper in-play reports?

FTFY

Im surprised no one else has commented on this but i had this on in the car driving back from an East of Scotland Premier league game on Saturday

Around 4.50 Kenny MacIntyre asks Willie Miller , how long to play at Tannadice. His genuine answer was "I dont know, i dont own a stop watch" to which they just carried on as if it did not matter.

Is he aware his phone can do this?

If he genuinely does not have a phone capable would it not be a worth while investment to buy a stopwatch or upgrade his phone.

Even if he forgot to start his stopwatch or phone, the betting sites tend to have a clock running on the game.

The other big mystery of the weekend was , where was Pat Bonner? he would have been class at Arbroath v Partick rather than Tam Courts who seems to have switched his name back from Thomas. His reporting sounded like they had just picked someone out of the crowd to cover the game.

21 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Im surprised no one else has commented on this but i had this on in the car driving back from an East of Scotland Premier league game on Saturday

Around 4.50 Kenny MacIntyre asks Willie Miller , how long to play at Tannadice. His genuine answer was "I dont know, i dont own a stop watch" to which they just carried on as if it did not matter.

If he genuinely does not have a phone capable would it not be a worth while investment to buy a stopwatch or upgrade his phone.

Even if he forgot to start his stopwatch or phone, the betting sites tend to have a clock running on the game.

The other big mystery of the weekend was , where was Pat Bonner? he would have been class at Arbroath v Partick rather than Tam Courts who seems to have switched his name back from Thomas. His reporting sounded like they had just picked someone out of the crowd to cover the game.

I doubt Willie Miller actually has a phone let alone know how to use one.

41 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I had a wee chuckle at that,  never realised that Willie had a sense of humour. 

On 26/03/2024 at 13:00, realmadrid said:

His reporting sounded like they had just picked someone out of the crowd to cover the game.

And this differs from Pat Bonner how, exactly?

On 26/03/2024 at 13:00, realmadrid said:

He could literally have turned around and looked at the big screen which would have said.