Sportsound Watch

On 09/03/2024 at 15:16, Lofarl said:

God Michael Stewart and Alan Preston is such fantastic listening isn’t it?

They all had totally lost the run of themselves and we're making eachother more and more excited.  McIntyre was near ejaculation.  

43 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They all had totally lost the run of themselves and we're making eachother more and more excited.  McIntyre was near ejaculation.  

"Biscuits" squealing through an argument with angry Michael, egged on by Kenny Mac.  A suitable soundtrack to activities at a CIA black site.

Presence of Richard Gordon for the two Cup quarter-finals on Sunday just emphasises how much the regular Saturday programme has gone downhill since he left. Not mentioning any names, but Kenny McIntyre is a very poor replacement!

11 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Listening to Willie Miller bumble his way through co-commentary is excruciating.

I can’t speak to his attempt at co-commentary, but I quite enjoyed listening to him post-match last night. 

Although it was a one of those classic situations from Sportsound. Yes there was some credit for Dundee, but most of the focus was how bad a result it was for Aberdeen. It’s the same as when either of the Old Firm fail to win (except against each other), or when Hearts lose when Allan Preston is on etc. 

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

I can’t speak to his attempt at co-commentary, but I quite enjoyed listening to him post-match last night. 

Although it was a one of those classic situations from Sportsound. Yes there was some credit for Dundee, but most of the focus was how bad a result it was for Aberdeen. It’s the same as when either of the Old Firm fail to win (except against each other), or when Hearts lose when Allan Preston is on etc. 

There was quite a lot of credit for Dundee, how they were able to mix it up, also their crisp footwork, neat football and general play.

Edited by Jacksgranda

20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There was quite a lot of credit for Dundee, how they were able to mix it up, also their crisp footwork, neat football and general play.

When I got back to the car, they were just finishing off an interview with Luke McCowan, Richard Gordon praised him as a player, but from then until I got home about half an hour later, it was all “woe is Aberdeen”. 

The article above is absolutely spot on!

Big test for the Sportsound editor today. Will the game selected for commentary be the 'big, big' one at Rugby Park, or will we be listening to Celtic v St. Johnstone?

1 hour ago, Pondsman said:

The article above is absolutely spot on!

Big test for the Sportsound editor today. Will the game selected for commentary be the 'big, big' one at Rugby Park, or will we be listening to Celtic v St. Johnstone?

It will obviously be Celtic v St Johnstone 

49 minutes ago, The Master said:

It is Celtic v St Johnstone. 

And no Open All Mics because of the rugby. 

Celtic v St. Johnstone? So, Car Crash radio continues?

I might say 'Unbelievable' but it's all too believable given what's gone before.

It's really time the powers that be at Pacific Quay realised that the current format only works if they have a talented presenter and knowledgeable pundits. Otherwise a once excellent programme is nose-diving to oblivion.

I’m very very excited to listen to all the big big drama and so many talking points from the big big game at Celtic Park this afternoon. Some chat about VAR controversy would be icing on the cake.

It must genuinely be policy, and indeed has been for a long time, that the Celtic or Sevco game is always the live one (unless they aren't playing).

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It must genuinely be policy, and indeed has been for a long time, that the Celtic or Sevco game is always the live one (unless they aren't playing).

Don’t think there’s any doubt about that tbh. I would like to know the data they (presumably) have on listening figures to support it. 

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

At least that means Pat Bonner doesnt have to pretend he knows other clubs players..............his attempts at the St J players names will be a thing to behold.

3 hours ago, Pondsman said:

Celtic v St. Johnstone? So, Car Crash radio continues?

I might say 'Unbelievable' but it's all too believable given what's gone before.

It's really time the powers that be at Pacific Quay realised that the current format only works if they have a talented presenter and knowledgeable pundits. Otherwise a once excellent programme is nose-diving to oblivion.

Yeah - just switched on to listen to open all mics. Straight back off again. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

At least that means Pat Bonner doesnt have to pretend he knows other clubs players..............his attempts at the St J players names will be a thing to behold.

He doesn't bother with names. He just says stuff like "the big number 9".