Sportsound Watch

I swear Kenny MacIntyre starts every Sportsound when the Premiership isn't playing with, 'VAR isn't in operation in today, THANKFULLY, because we are fed up talking about it but UNFORTUNATELY recent decisions mean we must mention it...' then proceeds to spend the whole show talking about it.

46 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

He could literally have turned around and looked at the big screen which would have said.

Not if it was in injury time, when at 1650 it probably was. 

9 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not if it was in injury time, when at 1650 it probably was. 

So surely the answer would have been "not long now Kenny, we're into injury time. There's no 4th official of course so not sure how long left". Easy.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I swear Kenny MacIntyre starts every Sportsound when the Premiership isn't playing with, 'VAR isn't in operation in today, THANKFULLY, because we are fed up talking about it but UNFORTUNATELY recent decisions mean we must mention it...' then proceeds to spend the whole show talking about it.

Kenny MacIntyre constantly spouting  ‘My Goodness’ gets right on my onions. 

6 hours ago, swiftyswifty swifty said:

Kenny MacIntyre constantly spouting  ‘My Goodness’ gets right on my onions. 

He repeats the same 5 phrases all programme. Monumentally thick and unsuited to hosting a national radio programme.

start of the programme:
Huge news about the return of old firm allocations, huge. We’ll get team news shortly

Post 3pm
Reporter: Kenny, there’s been a goal here

Kenny: thanks, but just tell us of the importance of the return of away fans in the old firm fixtures and just how huge this news is.

3:01pm

”HUGE games kicking off all over the country, the DRAMA of Scottish football is unmatched. This is why we love it. 

Now michael, tell me, what has been your worst VAR decision of the season??”

Genuinely 'yooj' day in Scottish football today.

Falkirk and Stenhousemuir can win their leagues today. Plenty of playoff intrigue in those leagues too. Then we have the undisputed game of the day at Tannadice, along with interest throughout the league with every other team still in with a chance of playoff place (either end, although Partick are probably safe from 9th).

But of course we'll get loads of talk about Sevco and Celtic instead and live commentary from Aybrix. Cowardly, sycophantic and detestable.

Thankfully I won't listen to a single second of it as will be at the football.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Genuinely big big day in Scottish football today.

Falkirk and Stenhousemuir can win their leagues today. Plenty of big big playoff intrigue in those leagues too. Then we have the undisputed big big game of the day at Tannadice, along with interest throughout the league with every other team still in with a chance of a big big playoff place (either end, although Partick are probably safe from 9th).

But of course we'll get loads of talk about Sevco and Celtic instead and live commentary from the big big game at Aybrix. Cowardly, sycophantic and detestable.

FTFY

On 28/03/2024 at 22:32, Ray Patterson said:

He could literally have turned around and looked at the big screen which would have said.

TBF if he was in the press box you cannot see that at all. 

Advantages its nice and warm but you don't hear any of the atmosphere and feel a bit detached from the game.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Genuinely 'yooj' day in Scottish football today.

Falkirk and Stenhousemuir can win their leagues today. Plenty of playoff intrigue in those leagues too. Then we have the undisputed game of the day at Tannadice, along with interest throughout the league with every other team still in with a chance of playoff place (either end, although Partick are probably safe from 9th).

But of course we'll get loads of talk about Sevco and Celtic instead and live commentary from Aybrix. Cowardly, sycophantic and detestable.

Well, you were wrong.

After the first 25 minutes of the programme being dedicated to Rangers, we're now onto "Why don't Aberdeen have a manager yet?".

But at least folk can watch Kenny the c**t on BBC Scotland from 3pm...

Michael Stewart reads a phrase and decides he’s going to use it constantly. “Reinventing the wheel” 7 times in the space of 5 minutes, all while getting inexplicably wound up by Aberdeen FC. MacIntyre hyperbolically crawing in the background deems it borderline unlistenable.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

42 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Michael Stewart reads a phrase and decides he’s going to use it constantly. “Reinventing the wheel” 7 times in the space of 5 minutes, all while getting inexplicably wound up by Aberdeen FC. MacIntyre hyperbolically crawing in the background deems it borderline unlistenable.

He just said it again! 

As we move past half past 3, we could maybe wrap up the still ongoing Aberdeen manager chat, fascinating though it is, and get more game updates from the grounds?  Just an idea...

Absolutely did not expect Kevin Thomson to tie Michael Stewart up in absolute knots whilst speaking about Aberdeen and causing Stewart to have a full on heads gone.