Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I would certainly rather hear them than some walloper fan, or Kenny Macs song selections of the evening.

What I want is an immediate roundup by the reporters, interviews, then that's it.

Roundup, fair enough. But what are you expecting to get in the manager interviews?

They're pointless. I'd honestly do away with them.

There's always going to be something to moan about when it comes to Sportsound, be it a perception of bias, a leaning towards covering Celtic and Rangers or a fixation on a topic (like VAR).

But it's just the collective inability to do the basics across the board that really grates for me.

I can also only surmise there must have been an editorial decision made to become more sensationalist. The desperate quest for social interactions would appear to confirm this.

Appointing "Kenny Mac" as the anchor only enforces this. It could be that his talk of a huge, huge week at Ibrix when not much of note has happened is what his bosses are after. It is noticeable, however, that it's much more like old Sportsound when Richard Gordon is at the helm.

Old Sportsound wasn't perfect, nor is Gordon as host, but he at least has an air of competence, understanding of the bigger picture and ability to manage the motley crew of pundits into a vaguely coherent few hours of broadcasting.

I think a move in a new direction was probably needed, but not to this. We don't need to hear Michael Stewart being pushed into a Craig Levein meltdown, we don't need to know what music Allan Preston likes.

We just need a fairly even-handed and accurate summary of what's happening or has happened at the games around the country.

49 minutes ago, Darren said:

I think a move in a new direction was probably needed, but not to this. We don't need to hear Michael Stewart being pushed into a Craig Levein meltdown, we don't need to know what music Allan Preston likes.

That's quite enjoyable to listen to in all fairness. Especially when someone like Loy calls him out on it.

13 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

That's quite enjoyable to listen to in all fairness. Especially when someone like Loy calls him out on it.

You're part of the problem, Ray.

7 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Yeah I enjoyed the collective intake of breath and sniggering when Stewart was invited to offer his opinion on CL.

1 hour ago, derektaylor84 said:

Kenny saying more VAR chat going to be on later. Canny wait

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Just trailed it again: "We are chadding VAR, stay tuned for thad lader after we go round the grounds in the Scoddish Championship".

Who does Kenny think is eager to listen to yet another VAR chat? What new ground are they going to cover??

Also, Oakley is a "big big" player for Morton and today is a "big big" game for Falkirk. Great insights there Kenny.

Edited by VictorOnopko

3 minutes ago, chris00 said:

Can someone score a goal please? Anything to get away from this VAR chat which isn't even in operation today.

Green dotted this then Inverness scored immediately, f**k sake. 

Tam Courts won’t be invited back. He shouted “goal Partick” instead of just incoherently yelling “GOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL” then taking 5 minutes to tell us who it’s for.

That was the worst ever. If you're only getting goal updates it's not open all mics is it? It's just 6 absolute p***ks talking shite. Barely anything from Cappielow, Somerset or Gayfield whatsoever