Sportsound Watch

Heard about 30 minutes of today’s programme, slept through the rest. There was an announcement of a goal to make a game 3-1, the players name was mentioned but I had no idea who he played for or which team had conceded. I assume it was Rangers because whoever was commenting was a bawhair away from saying “we are top” but couldn’t say for sure.

I couldn't face listening to a full interview with the tedious Philippe Clement  on my drive to Firhill this afternoon particularly as it was to be followed by the insights of Kenny Miller so I switched to Radio 5. I got back to the car just after 5pm to hear the insights of Kenny Miller followed by another interview with the tedious Clement...so I turned to Radio 5 without knowing any of the other scores just in time to hear their full review of all SPFL results including a mention of Falkirk winning their League. Fortunately I turned back to Sportsound just in time to hear Sidney Devine🤔

1 minute ago, The Master said:

Just what we all wanted - in-vision Open All Mics. And you can watch it on iPlayer for 29 days after. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001y9gd/open-all-mics-30032024 

If I want to sit and watch tits all day, there’s better websites.

2 hours ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

I couldn't face listening to a full interview with the tedious Philippe Clement  on my drive to Firhill this afternoon particularly as it was to be followed by the insights of Kenny Miller so I switched to Radio 5. I got back to the car just after 5pm to hear the insights of Kenny Miller followed by another interview with the tedious Clement...so I turned to Radio 5 without knowing any of the other scores just in time to hear their full review of all SPFL results including a mention of Falkirk winning their League. Fortunately I turned back to Sportsound just in time to hear Sidney Devine🤔

Saturday afternoon on Radio Scotland summed up 😂

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If I want to sit and watch tits all day, there’s better websites.

Well, the vidiprinter was certainly a bit risqué.

Screenshot2024-03-30at23_14_21.png.2efb77800b9efcb7419dcfa9710fe9de.png

3 hours ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

They always have old firm managers interviews on for a lot longer with more questions than the 10 other teams. The interviewers are always more enthusiastic than the managers. Clement/Rodgers seem bored by the end.

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Listening yesterday coming back from the match and I did enjoy the Aberdeen fan, Darren, cutting Michael Stewart's three picks for Aberdeen manager to shreds. Neil Lennon, Jack Ross and Malky Mackay was the bold Mr Stewart's recommendations to the Aberdeen board. 

11 hours ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

Kenny Miller instantly just sucks the intelligence out of any room he’s in. 

I managed to listen to the games but turned off pretty quickly when it came to the now weekly “Michael Stewart gets really angry, shouts a lot and refuses to let anyone else finish a sentence, whilst contradicting himself every second sentence” segment, this week focussed on the Aberdeen manager’s job. 

He seemed to be really (hopefully performatively) angry that nobody was putting forward any names from Scottish football before revealing that Lennon, Ross and MacKay were the best names he could come up with.

He then proceeded to question the ambition of appointing a manager of English League One / Championship standard, before revealing that such managers were way out of Aberdeen’s league. Which would surely suggest that trying to appoint such a candidate would be extremely ambitious…? 

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Listening yesterday coming back from the match and I did enjoy the Aberdeen fan, Darren, cutting Michael Stewart's three picks for Aberdeen manager to shreds. Neil Lennon, Jack Ross and Malky Mackay was the bold Mr Stewart's recommendations to the Aberdeen board. 

To be fair to Stewart he was specifically asked for three names who have managed in Scotland before and said he didn't think Aberdeen fans would be happy with any of them before he eventually gave up the names.  

It felt like pre-arranged 'drama'. 

I'm pretty relaxed about things generally when it comes to the radio. But I had to switch across to 5Live last night when Stewart and Kenny were just shouting over each other.

I really hope it was fake 'drama' because Stewart was in a terrible state if it wasn't. And, again, assuming it was a fake. Could they not do it again? Absolute Talksport level nonsense. Fine for a commercial station. But not really what you're after when it's the only option for Scottish football coverage.

It's awful I try and listen to it when I'm driving home from our matches but I last about 2 mins as soon as they start mutual masturbation over whichever manager of the big two they have on 

At least the sports program on the Clyde/north/tay/forth has some music in-between them talking 

Edited by doulikefish

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm pretty relaxed about things generally when it comes to the radio. But I had to switch across to 5Live last night when Stewart and Kenny were just shouting over each other.

I really hope it was fake 'drama' because Stewart was in a terrible state if it wasn't. And, again, assuming it was a fake. Could they not do it again? Absolute Talksport level nonsense. Fine for a commercial station. But not really what you're after when it's the only option for Scottish football coverage.

Agreed. I find Michael Stewart's schtik completely unlistenable. I don't doubt that he's probably a bit of an argumentative pain in the arse in real life, but it seems that is almost all he's there for on Sportsound. If it's not pre planned, then it's clearly not discouraged by the producers.

Not Sportsound, but it was BBC Radio Scotland's sport output, so I'm moaning about it in here anyway.

On their News at 10am today, when they cut to Sport, the top story concerned Pep Guardiola's response to something Roy Keane had said about Erling Haaland.  Even if we leave aside the fact that Scottish coverage led with news about a Spaniard answering an Irishman's comments about a Norwegian playing in England, we can't forgive the sub-tabloid nature of the 'story'.  

You really wonder what kind of half-wit this shite is meant to be pitched at.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not Sportsound, but it was BBC Radio Scotland's sport output, so I'm moaning about it in here anyway.

On their News at 10am this morning, when they cut to Sport, the top story concerned Pep Guardiola's response to something Roy Keane had said about Erling Haaland.  Even if we leave aside the fact that Scottish coverage led with news about a Spaniard answering an Irishman's comments about a Norwegian playing in England, we couldn't forgive the sub-tabloid nature of the 'story'.  

You really wonder what kind of half-wit this shite is meant to be pitched at.

Read out by someone you can't really understand either probably.