Sportsound Watch

12 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I'm sure he even had to ban his wife and children from coming to watch him because he didn't want them listening to the bile.

Can't help but think of Old firm fans taking their kids along to Parkhead/Ibrox to continue the proud family tradition of the 90min bigot.

The difference in decency I suppose. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I was watching an Amatuer Scottish Cup game earlier in the season and McLaren was playing for Tynecastle. He got a second yellow and tried to stick the head on the referee. It was highly amusing. 

The boy tried his heart out in an Ayr jersey despite the torrent of abuse he'd gotten as an ex Killie playing for opposing teams previously, the self destruct button will always be there but over time he'll learn to control it better. 

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We sacked him after a game against Clyde in which he received 3 red cards in the one game. He was square going the ref IIRC.

That was tremendous entertainment. He completely lost the plot that day.

Listening to both the last two nights has been refreshing.

On the one hand you have a guy who's accent could cut glass and speaks about drugs, yet speaks about the game and the kids he teaches with pride, passion, clarity and hope.

You also have the Mogadon Mourinho, boring you half to death about playing really well between the 12 yard boxes.

One of them works for the SFA, it should be of no surprise to any of us that its the wrong one.

Listening to that half-wit Pressley was even more depressing than usual last night. I had completely forgotten that he was part of Strachan's Scotland set-up.

With Strachan, McGhee, Pressley, MacKay and Regan all holding the main positions within the SFA, what hope is there?

I can mind when McLaren was on trial at Hibs under Williamson & we were playing Hearts in that shite festival cup think.

Just as the game was about to kick off, McLaren & de Vries were standing waiting this auld boy goes

'RIGHT FAE THE START ANDY SON, GIT IN ABOOT THAT BIG COCO POP BASTURT'.

He was mortified.

54 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Listening to that half-wit Pressley was even more depressing than usual last night. I had completely forgotten that he was part of Strachan's Scotland set-up.

With Strachan, McGhee, Pressley, MacKay and Regan all holding the main positions within the SFA, what hope is there?

None.

Tom English seriously suggesting that Andy Robertson could be the answer to Scotland's centre half dearth, describing him as "tall", was laughably absurd. Stick to the rugby, Tom.

If it's not absolute weapons like Barry Ferguson, Scott McDonald or Keith Jackson, it's halfwits like Spiers and English whose eloquence doesn't mask the fact they know shite all.

I trust everyone clocked the resident eejit Chic Young refer to Sean Dyche as "Sean Deeky" on a recent show. You know, Burnley's French manager.

Tom English is normally excellent. Out of all the pundits on Sportsound, I'd say he has the best understanding of the problems surrounding our national team.

He correctly called out Strachan for being a failure even before the end of the last qualifying campaign.

On 22/03/2017 at 00:49, Hammer Jag said:

Spiers had an absolute shocker tonight. He really didn't seem to grasp the gist of McLaren's point about football becoming too middle class. He made an absolute fool of himself.

Spiers has a real soft spot for the middle class. I distinctly remember him describing private school bigot Chris Graham as refreshingly bright and articulate, i.e. upper middle class. That worked out well for all parties.