Sportsound Watch

The sweeping generalisation of “would be good for Scottish football” really does my tits in.

Better media coverage from our national broadcaster of all our leagues would genuinely be for the good of Scottish football

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

The sweeping generalisation of “would be good for Scottish football” really does my tits in.

Has about the same informational content, while pressing the same "no one could disagree" button, as anyone raising awareness of anything on Facebook. It would be fun to run a wee test on the raised-awareness things alongside some dummy Shatner's Bassoon options, to gauge the effectiveness.

Things can be overwhelmingly obvious without being true.

Rename the thread the StevenGerrardSound Watch

I love the man but come on to f**k, it’s the exciting part of the season, they’ve got all summer to talk about this.

Correct.

Let’s dismiss everything that’s happening in the final few games of he season to talk about this EVERY NIGHT.

Jesus last night was Chris McLaughlin saying ‘eh yeah I don’t really have an update’

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Correct.

Let’s dismiss everything that’s happening in the final few games of he season to talk about this EVERY NIGHT.

Jesus last night was Chris McLaughlin saying ‘eh yeah I don’t really have an update’

Feels like it's been that way most of the season.  The McInnes thing was an absolute nightmare.

Why try and force a story? If there’s no update then talk about other stuff. 

Like, you know, actual important football games this weekend?

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Better media coverage from our national broadcaster of all our leagues would genuinely be for the good of Scottish football

Exactly. The thing I find most depressing about the furore surrounding Gerrard’s arrival, is how servile our media are. “What will the English think?” continues to dominate their thoughts.

Gerrard may or may not turn out to be a great success at Rangers, only time will tell. But this idea that we should all rejoice because idiotic Talksport pundits like Alan Shearer might afford our game a cursory glance once in a while is ludicrous.

Kenny MacIntyre has been the chief cheer leader in this field.

The disregard for the play-offs and vital relegation games has been a  disgrace.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can't be right.  Haven't you heard its blindingly obvious that the Scottish media are playing this down?

I would be surprised if they gave more that 5 minutes combined to Dons v Hibs and the (rather important !) playoffs.

Servile Sevco loving twats

Im off to watch the last ten minutes of the 2016 cup final again just to remind myself how much I hate this lot.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Hilarious "patter" there. As mentioned above whilst they've been tearing themselves off into next week there have been some pretty important play off games going on that have have almost zero coverage over the last few days. It's laughable stuff from "Scotland's National Broadcaster". They fact that even their own presenters seem to think it's funny says it all really.

The seethe in here is quality viewing  :thumsup2

I’ll tell you what will be quality viewing.

When Steven Gerrards wondering what he’s doing with himself as he’s standing on the touchline at the Superseal stadium in the pishing rain. Foaming at the mouth **** in the stand because Morelos has just missed from 4 yards and Doogie Imrie has scored right after to put Hamilton 1-0 up.

That’ll be quality viewing.

No seethe FOD. This circus surrounding a managerial virgin sums up the so called sports media up here. Deflect from the reality of millions spent to achieve heehaw by Glib and Shameless, or whoever has been funding all the other no hopers. No investigation into the finances of the new club. Instead multiple orgasms from all because a ‘name’ has taken the job that no experienced man would touch with a barge pole.
You and your fellow brainwashed hordes lap it all up. This is it, rightful place etc built on a house of cards. Buy season tickets. Messi and Ronaldo to sign for the worlds most successful club.
YOU NEVER LEARN!!!

32 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

You're at most two steps away from breaking down into uncontrollable tears and unintelligible moans over the state of the 'club' you 'support'. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That'll never happen.

Imrie won't score.

Sure he would.  We'd just need to get a penalty against Sevco.

Oh wait, I see your point .

On 04/05/2018 at 13:20, Hammer Jag said:

Exactly. The thing I find most depressing about the furore surrounding Gerrard’s arrival, is how servile our media are. “What will the English think?” continues to dominate their thoughts.

Gerrard may or may not turn out to be a great success at Rangers, only time will tell. But this idea that we should all rejoice because idiotic Talksport pundits like Alan Shearer might afford our game a cursory glance once in a while is ludicrous.

Kenny MacIntyre has been the chief cheer leader in this field.

The disregard for the play-offs and vital relegation games has been a  disgrace.

Spot on.

The pathetic neediness of it all could not be clearer.