Sportsound Watch

One of the worst things about this craven, pandering apology is that "the situation at Ibrox" shows that the club in question have nothing but thick-headed contempt for the BBC.

If the issue was Traynor not having right of reply, why not just invite him on? Sportsound is broadcast every night!

Didn't Traynor have a call-in show on Radio Scotland, where he shouted over those who called in, and cut them off if he didn't like them?
Yes it used to be on a Saturday afternoon after the football.

Did Traynor give everyone he reported on immediate right of reply when he wrote in the Record? I doubt it. Opinion pieces such as being a pundit on the radio has no need whatsoever for right of reply and is almost as stupid a line to trot out as when that Sky bloke tried to throw Gary Neville under the bus.

Talk about making a rod for their own back. An apology so half arsed and desperate that, if they stuck to it would cripple the program entirely. Thick as f**k, and all because of the fear of upsetting the cheeks.

Interestingly, I said recently (and was shouted down by some) that I felt someone like Brian Rice got the crass media hounding he got because he wasnt associates with the cheeks. Some used the likes of Scott Brown pissed in the street as an example that they would also hound OF players etc. I then said that something has changed drastically in recent years re the media relationship/treatment with these clubs and this is a fine example of what I am talking about.

The problem with Traynor is he isn't very good at PR.

Controversial client? Claim they have been suffering from depression or invent some other health problem. If they're from an ethnic minority, claim they have been subjected to racism. Paint them as a victim.

The papers have a story and these are hard to prove as lies and anyone questioning them can be made to look bad.

Traynor is too keen to complicate things. His fabrications can be proven as fabrications. 

Sportsound is only ever worth listening to when Stewart is on on a Monday night, preferably with Tom English. I mentioned before the apology that BBC Scotland might now prefer an evening of blandness with David Currie and Leanne Crichton types who would never dream of saying anything worth listening to. I wasn't joking.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Did Traynor give everyone he reported on immediate right of reply when he wrote in the Record? I doubt it. Opinion pieces such as being a pundit on the radio has no need whatsoever for right of reply and is almost as stupid a line to trot out as when that Sky bloke tried to throw Gary Neville under the bus.

Talk about making a rod for their own back. An apology so half arsed and desperate that, if they stuck to it would cripple the program entirely. Thick as f**k, and all because of the fear of upsetting the cheeks.

Interestingly, I said recently (and was shouted down by some) that I felt someone like Brian Rice got the crass media hounding he got because he wasnt associates with the cheeks. Some used the likes of Scott Brown pissed in the street as an example that they would also hound OF players etc. I then said that something has changed drastically in recent years re the media relationship/treatment with these clubs and this is a fine example of what I am talking about.

As I said before John Brown was given a right to reply on the show. I think , repeat think , it was because Tom English s comments led to Brown and his family receiving abuse

10 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

iirc he was o.k. most of the time !?!

No, he was a flange who liked the sound of his own voice and would cut off any dissent. It was very clear that he was a currant bun as well. He and them are made for each other.

As someone mentioned above, perhaps we can look forward to David Currie verbally mauling someone on Sportsound? However I cant really see that, as he started his journalistic career making up stories in the Sunday post and hasnt exactly gone all baws oot pulitzer since then......................

21 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

iirc he was o.k. most of the time !?!

There was one golden moment on his show(I think) when he and Chick Young got into a fight and were slagging each other over being Rangers cheerleaders. It was all a result of the impending end of Rangers. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN3rEcwC41M

Edited by Guts

6 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Stewart on Monday, on more than one occasion, said a very simple thing - that Rangers as a club, and it's supporters, were being done a massive disservice by the PR operation at Ibrox. Whether that is true or not (I happen to think it is), that very simple message got lost as he stumbled from one thing to the next. 

Totally agree.

As I said, he made a mess of making a very good point.

As I said before John Brown was given a right to reply on the show. I think , repeat think , it was because Tom English s comments led to Brown and his family receiving abuse
That's what you offer traynor. Not an apology. That's just mind boggling. How can you apologise for an opinion based on bo right of reply? How could a right to reply have existed prior to the discussion?

That's what you offer traynor. Not an apology. That's just mind boggling. How can you apologise for an opinion based on bo right of reply? How could a right to reply have existed prior to the discussion?

I had a wee watch of traynors rangers tv interview about the bbc from last year.

If you assume that the bbc are desperate to resolve their ‘issues’ with rangers then it is quite clear why they shat themselves at the very mention of his name.

‘Bully’ is too kind for jim traynor.

5 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Reminds me of the time when Ally McCoist was Rangers manager and did the 'Who are these people?' thing about Rangers being fined by the authorities. Ewan Murray was on OTB around that time and said "Wouldn't it be interesting if it emerged that Rangers had actually asked to be fined?". Of course, soon it emerged that this was the case. If Ewan Murray knew this, then you can bet your baws the rest of the Scottish football media did, but nobody else put their hand up to stop Rangers spinning the story to their public.

Murray, like Stewart, is not everyone's cup of tea. But we are vanishingly thin on the ground for people who will actually step out of the party line. Murray gets slagged for being a golf correspondent. But perhaps his other professional focus means he's not as scared of being blackballed by Rangers. Likewise, Stewart has never really sought to win friends. We need more like that.

Then Ewen Murray was wrong.

When McCoist said "who are these people " it was in regards to a player registration ban, which was out with the SFAs rule book and had absolutely nothing to do with fines. 

People seem to constantly lose their heads when it comes to Sevco,  maybe this Ewen bloke should stick to golf.

5 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

Didn't Traynor have a call-in show on Radio Scotland, where he shouted over those who called in, and cut them off if he didn't like them?

He was on the beeb for years and must know their rules inside out, that's something that Michael Stewart keeps forgetting,  Traynors an old hand at this.

Your call was decent,  traynor had the knack for winding people up and it made a decent show.  Him and Tom English were a good pairing on it for a while.  Real Radio had a good phone in too with Ewan Cameron and Alan rough.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

He was on the beeb for years and must know their rules inside out, that's something that Michael Stewart keeps forgetting,  Traynors an old hand at this.

Your call was decent,  traynor had the knack for winding people up and it made a decent show.  Him and Tom English were a good pairing on it for a while.  Real Radio had a good phone in too with Ewan Cameron and Alan rough.

team america vomit GIF

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The *** hordes are perfect example of the phrase "there are none so blind as those who will not see"

Of all my *** mates, the one who actually goes to games is utterly embarrassed by the last few weeks. He is the exception. 

The littlest bigot.