Sportsound Watch

4 hours ago, RawB93 said:

I love how they've squeezed 4 non-white people in, despite most of their support resembling that labrador.

Not sure if the dog is a guide dog or they have a section just for animals.
Always thought giving blind fans ear phones was a good idea for all fans you can't choose who you sit next to.

4 hours ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Jim Traynor was a decent sportswriter for The Glasgow Herald in the late 1970s & 80s, when he saw himself as more Hugh McIlvanney than Hugh Taylor. As soon as he sniffed the Minty pound, though, he was gone. ( Note to ed.: don't insert Keyser Soze gif here.)
In all of this, however, the most important thing to remember is that he is an Airdrie fan. Enough said.

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/alex-thomson/blogs/succulent-lamb-rack

7 hours ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Jim Traynor was a decent sportswriter for The Glasgow Herald in the late 1970s & 80s, when he saw himself as more Hugh McIlvanney than Hugh Taylor. As soon as he sniffed the Minty pound, though, he was gone. ( Note to ed.: don't insert Keyser Soze gif here.)
In all of this, however, the most important thing to remember is that he is an Airdrie fan. Enough said.

He was a decent writer.  I think he's a clever bloke.

He sold his soul though.  I kind of hope he loathes himself, but I doubt if he does.

On 05/02/2020 at 10:05, mozam76 said:

Stewart on Monday, on more than one occasion, said a very simple thing - that Rangers as a club, and it's supporters, were being done a massive disservice by the PR operation at Ibrox. Whether that is true or not (I happen to think it is), that very simple message got lost as he stumbled from one thing to the next. 

I only just listened to that Sportsound piece and you are absolutely right.  Stewart was spot on in calling Traynor a cock and a toxic influence and that we as fans are being done a disservice by his PR role at Ibrox.  A fair few of we Rangers fans, including @bennettand @KnightswoodBear,have said much the same.

My issue with what I just listened to was not so much the Traynor part but was in Stewart entirely missing the point of the question he was asked and then going on a rambling, petted-lip, moon-howling diatribe about Traynor followed by some confused  bollocks about GCC.  The issue he was asked to address was a simple one:  Morelos may be treated differently to other players in similar situations.  Discuss.

What I'd then expect to hear is Stewart's remarks wrt the Morelos situation in a calm and sane manner.  What we got, instead, was the kind of grievance-junky bollocks that we see here on the Sevco threads on a daily basis.  Of course, the clapping seals on here love shite like this but his (partly right) remarks were more fitting of a Sellick or Diddy podcast.

53 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Morelos may be treated differently to other players in similar situations.  Discuss.

A simple Yes to uphold a fair and balanced view plus to adhere to editorial views and standards (jabba the nuts narrative).

Edited by wastecoatwilly

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

A simple Yes to uphold a fair and balanced view plus to adhere to editorial views and standards.

Not the point.  We never got to hear Stewart's view on that.  What we got, instead, was a ranty bloke venting his spleen about Traynor and some sort of bollocks about Rangers' proposed Fanzone and GCC.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not the point.  We never got to hear Stewart's view on that.  What we got, instead, was a ranty bloke venting his spleen about Traynor and some sort of bollocks about Rangers' proposed Fanzone and GCC.

Why ask the question?
Kenny Macintyre was pushing Jabba the nuts narrative and Michael Stewart had no intentions of playing the game. 

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I only just listened to that Sportsound piece and you are absolutely right.  Stewart was spot on in calling Traynor a cock and a toxic influence and that we as fans are being done a disservice by his PR role at Ibrox.  A fair few of we Rangers fans, including @bennettand @KnightswoodBear,have said much the same.

My issue with what I just listened to was not so much the Traynor part but was in Stewart entirely missing the point of the question he was asked and then going on a rambling, petted-lip, moon-howling diatribe about Traynor followed by some confused  bollocks about GCC.  The issue he was asked to address was a simple one:  Morelos may be treated differently to other players in similar situations.  Discuss.

What I'd then expect to hear is Stewart's remarks wrt the Morelos situation in a calm and sane manner.  What we got, instead, was the kind of grievance-junky bollocks that we see here on the Sevco threads on a daily basis.  Of course, the clapping seals on here love shite like this but his (partly right) remarks were more fitting of a Sellick or Diddy podcast.

Have you actually read what people on here are saying?  There's in fact a fairly broad consensus that suggests Stewart screwed up a bit the other night.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why ask the question?
Kenny Macintyre was pushing Jabba the nuts narrative and Michael Stewart had no intentions of playing the game. 

Why not ask the question,  it's perfectly valid given recent incidents. 

Edited by bennett

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

How dare he have an opinion that steps on a few Sevco toes. Suspend the guy from the bbc immediately pending a high_level investigation . He'll be questioning same club next, heresy!! Needs a spell in a watp rehab centre.  

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Did that include using his media position to indulge in a barely coherent ramble whilst missing the point of the question he was asked?

It included pretty much the first part, but not the second as I don't think it's the case.

If making sweeping posts about responses "on here", it's maybe an idea to read some, I'd have thought.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Why not just post that instead of beating about the bush?

What are you on about now?

Calling Traynor a dangerous bully was fine.  I've heard much worse said on the programme about figures like  John Brown, Ian Cathro and Craig Levein.

Nobody cowered in terror on those occasions.