Sportsound Watch

4 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Driving back from the Motherwell v Celtic game on Saturday, I heard Kenny Miller say it's important Rangers get a win against Aberdeen. Really? Who is it important for? Fine to say it's important for Rangers but it's important for Aberdeen that they get a win. 

This is what annoys me most about Scottish punditry. No doubt Bonnar or whoever was on the Celtic match said it was so important that Celtic got that late, late winner.

22 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Presumably Wright was on Sunday Sportsound primarily to speak about Scotland v Romania on Saturday night, which begs the question of whether Kenny Miller gave his thoughts on the rugby?

“Not sure how all those goals stood because it was clear handball.”

Had to laugh at the coverage tonight. After a bit of build up to the Celtic game, around 7.35 it was:

’So let’s turn our attention to Celtics great rivals, Rangers, and their search for a new manager’

Ten minutes of that inane chat, followed by the tantalising prospect of more tomorrow!

So it’s not only us diddies who get their coverage overtaken…

Edited by kent_don
Small add

5 minutes ago, kent_don said:

Had to laugh at the coverage tonight. After a bit of build up to the Celtic game, around 7.35 it was:

’So let’s turn our attention to Celtics great rivals, Rangers, and their search for a new manager’

Ten minutes of that inane chat, followed by the tantalising prospect of more tomorrow!

So it’s not only us diddies who get their coverage overtaken…

That’s what happens when you have a rabid currant bun in the presenters chair.

He should GTF to Radio Clyde where his level of journalism belongs. 

Last couple of nights Bambino Montalbano hadn't been able to sleep so I've checked him in the car to go for a drive to get him to sleep. Both nights I've had Five Live on and it's like night and day. Main commentator at Old Trafford and St James Park giving regular (as in every 2 or 3 minutes!) updates on the other European games but also the lower league games in England, usually with some context "in League Two the leaders are behind" or "they are on a 4 match losing streak but are ahead in this one" or "Smith has put them ahead, he's in a great run of goalscoring form". They have reporters at games, but it all flows. Contrast with Sportsound on a Saturday where they go ages without updating the scores, the reporters at the games don't seem to know what's going on half the time and if it isn't the Premiership (and a handful of clubs in particular) the knowledge just isn't there.

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

That’s what happens when you have a rabid currant bun in the presenters chair.

He should GTF to Radio Clyde where his level of journalism belongs. 

Super Scoreboard, with Gordon Duncan directing traffic, is streets ahead of Sportsound at present.

He's the guy who should have replaced Richard Gordon. Kenny McIntyre wetting his knickers at anything relating to Rangers is fucking dreadful.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Last couple of nights Bambino Montalbano hadn't been able to sleep so I've checked him in the car to go for a drive to get him to sleep. Both nights I've had Five Live on and it's like night and day. Main commentator at Old Trafford and St James Park giving regular (as in every 2 or 3 minutes!) updates on the other European games but also the lower league games in England, usually with some context "in League Two the leaders are behind" or "they are on a 4 match losing streak but are ahead in this one" or "Smith has put them ahead, he's in a great run of goalscoring form". They have reporters at games, but it all flows. Contrast with Sportsound on a Saturday where they go ages without updating the scores, the reporters at the games don't seem to know what's going on half the time and if it isn't the Premiership (and a handful of clubs in particular) the knowledge just isn't there.

Well, it's BBC Scotland.  A terrible broadcaster in both TV and Radio.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

A perfect, concise description of the 'National Broadcaster', although you could have added "and they do a grand job of shilling for the Tories."

Or, at times like this, giving the soft treatment to useful idiots like Sarwar and "Scottish" Labour.

On BBC Scotland, you do realise it is deliberately rubbish, don't you?

A constant diet of negativity and gloom to keep the natives' horizons and ambitions low.

7 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Super Scoreboard, with Gordon Duncan directing traffic, is streets ahead of Sportsound at present.

He's the guy who should have replaced Richard Gordon. Kenny McIntyre wetting his knickers at anything relating to Rangers is fucking dreadful.

Yeh, I’ve not heard him on Radio Clyde, as I refuse to insult my intelligence, but he has done a good job of presenting on TV any time I’ve seen him.

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Yeh, I’ve not heard him on Radio Clyde, as I refuse to insult my intelligence, but he has done a good job of presenting on TV any time I’ve seen him.

I don’t listen but follow super scoreboard on Twitter. Dunno where duncan is tonight but it’s that utter Fanny Ewen Cameron filling in. Couldn’t pay me to listen to that dick.