Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, EastFife_Hibee said:

I didn't hear it but can only imagine he was putting too much emphasis on the rangers part of it?!

brora RANGERS 

He'd have been in his element with them playing Cove then.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Has Kenny McIntyre ever been to Aberdeen for Sportsound before? I wonder why it was felt he should be up this way last night?

Aberdeen for Aberdeen folk.

On 21/01/2024 at 21:22, Junior_Arab said:

Dundee are our main rivals, but I’d suggest we might be Aberdeens. It’s us or Rangers surely? 

Fan I wis a loon, Dundee were our main rivals. And vice versa.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Has Kenny McIntyre ever been to Aberdeen for Sportsound before? I wonder why it was felt he should be up this way last night?

Rangers weren't playing.

16 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

How on earth can you mispronounce Brora? 

You could say the same about Dundee (“Dindee”) and Ibrox (“Ibrix”). 

Despite us all agreeing that the show is a shambles of its former self, I hear that instead of trying to improve it; the BBC plan to televise it on a Saturday on the normal downtime of BBC Scotland. 

Kenny Mac’s angry face, talking about VAR coming to a screen near you soon….

Edited by Handsome John

50 minutes ago, Handsome John said:

Despite us all agreeing that the show is a shambles of its former self, I hear that instead of trying to improve it; the BBC plan to televise it on a Saturday on the normal downtime of BBC Scotland. 

Kenny Mac’s angry face, talking about VAR coming to a screen near you soon….

That explains why they've started embedding video clips into the live coverage page on the website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/68061308?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=65b52e938fbef750a9350db9%26Aberdeen players 'can't protest too much'%262024-01-27T16%3A27%3A37.677Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:d71b4c6f-e882-4477-921f-5a86b58f4636&pinned_post_asset_id=65b52e938fbef750a9350db9&pinned_post_type=share

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't know what Kenny Macintyre looks like but I am 100% certain that watching Sportsound would be much more irritating than listening.

Just imagine a typical middle aged *** and you won't be far away.

Apologies if this is just a rehash of what has been stated by others.  I do think Sportsound has become less enjoyable.   Stating the obvious, BBC Radio Scotland tries to offer a Scottish version of what the BBC UK-wide and local stations offer, in one package.  The music shows are like Radio 2, but better for me than the national equivalent.   England can use the local BBC radio stations if you want to follow a specific team, in addition to 5Live.  I think Sportsound has just selected all the worst bits of that combination.  Too much focus on big teams, getting callers on who would normally be on a local station (feels more like an add-on) and endless VAR chat that is the preserve of 606 (which I usually swerve).  Add a bit of Talk Sport-style sensationalism into the mix and here we are.  In terms of presentation style, I assume this must be a format decision.  Listen to a presenter like Adrian Durham, who is highly knowledgeable on the EFL, stoking up controversy about some EPL non-event.  Is it let's adopt this style and get folk talking about Sportsound, or is it what they believe listeners want?  I listened to a bit of the Behind The Goals podcast and enjoyed things just being more chilled.

They already simulcast the audio from Radio Scotland on the BBC Scotland channel when it's not on, don't they? They just have a graphic up with local news and weather presumably ripped from their own homepage - is this just an extension of that or are they having a live feed from inside the studio? That would be awful if that's the way they go.