Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

On the subject of the accents of those on radio, can we discuss Cammy Bell?

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh. I don't even want to fink about that.

On 19/08/2024 at 17:58, BukyOHare said:

On the subject of the accents of those on radio, can we discuss Cammy Bell?

"LISTEN", I find Bell very aggressive and cheerleading for Sevco against Dynamo Kiev was vomit inducing.

16 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

"LISTEN", I find Bell very aggressive and cheerleading for Sevco against Dynamo Kiev was vomit inducing.

“Yeah listen” actually!

On 19/08/2024 at 17:11, Glen Scotia said:

The Gilmours, the McGinns, the Robertsons of the squad 

That chat winds me up 

I f**king can't stand when folk pluralise names. A huge sign of someone being a massive moron.

On today's podcast they're discussing Neil Lennon, unsurprisingly. Lee Miller and the presenter appearing to be shocked that he only got six games to prove himself and only had one defeat in these games. No mention of pishing on the pitch. Also yet again saying that he was linked to Aberdeen earlier in the year. Must have been looking at the P&B poll.

On 19/08/2024 at 10:47, kennie makevin said:

His accent is by some distance the most likeable aspect of his commentaries. It's the hysterical screaming, the inability to specify whether it's minutes, feet, inches or yards he's referring to when he randomly yelps numbers throughout a game and the insistence on calling Celtic 'The Champions', as if it's their actual name that mark him out as "a wrong un". Their are many more reasons to diss him I'm sure but suffice to say he ain't no David Francey.

"And Murdoch unleashes a tremendous drive across the face of the goal..."

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

On today's podcast they're discussing Neil Lennon, unsurprisingly. Lee Miller and the presenter appearing to be shocked that he only got six games to prove himself and only had one defeat in these games. No mention of pishing on the pitch. Also yet again saying that he was linked to Aberdeen earlier in the year. Must have been looking at the P&B poll.

Wonder why they didn't mention his record as being the only team without a win and kept of the bottom of the league by goal difference. It's a baffler so it is. 

On 19/08/2024 at 17:11, Glen Scotia said:

The Gilmours, the McGinns, the Robertsons of the squad 

That chat winds me up 

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I f**king can't stand when folk pluralise names. A huge sign of someone being a massive moron.

It could be appropriate in the case of "the McGinns" because Paul is also a full international

but it's a bit of a stretch to include ICT's Charlie Gilmour 

On 21/08/2024 at 10:50, kingjoey said:

I think he gave an interview not long after being appointed Rapid manager (might have been to the BBC actually) that he had a discussion with Aberdeen last season but that's all it was. I assume leaving Rapid so quickly was more to do with the very recent passing of his mother, I'm just speculating over the  timing of it all however.

28 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think he gave an interview not long after being appointed Rapid manager (might have been to the BBC actually) that he had a discussion with Aberdeen last season but that's all it was. I assume leaving Rapid so quickly was more to do with the very recent passing of his mother, I'm just speculating over the  timing of it all however.

He's said on many a time that he had a "discussion" with Aberdeen. I said this before, but my best guess on how the "discussion" went was "Hi Dave. Any chance of getting the job"   "F*ck off Neil."