Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Wasperoonie said:

I've tried so hard to cut Pat Bonner some slack. He was a fine goalkeeper. A winner.

But listening to him over past 12 months..and indeed tonight...he basically opens his mouth...and arse gravy dribbles out. Sad times.

Whats sad is that he only gets a job because he played for Celtc

BBC Scotland is the worst

Hearing Bonner's groans and cheers during Celtic games is cringe worthy for a national broadcaster. Noone would expect him not to be happy in a game Celtic win but a minimal amount of professionalism during the match isn't too much to expect surely?

10 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

What has Liam McLeod and Tom English done to deserve being put with Pat Bonner and Scott McDonald two good sports journalists and two rank amateurs. 

Sorry, you must be at the wind up? Liam McLeod a good sports journalist? Come on to f**k. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Sorry, you must be at the wind up? Liam McLeod a good sports journalist? Come on to f**k. 

I really like him, maybe sports journalist is the wrong terminology but as a commentator he is good

6 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I really like him, maybe sports journalist is the wrong terminology but as a commentator he is good

He's an absolutely fucking dreadful commentator 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He's an absolutely fucking dreadful commentator 

Really what in your opinion is so awful about him?

Genuinely surprised I thought most folk thought he was decent. He's not a dribbling moron for a start

Guest JTS98
5 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Genuinely surprised I thought most folk thought he was decent. He's not a dribbling moron for a start

Personally, I think he's a cliche machine with a squeaky voice. He spends most of the match trying to shoe-horn in his pre-written 'for the highlights' bits. I know all commentators do that, but it's really obvious that he's doing it, because he does it all through the match.

Yeah its the cartoon helium voice that does it for me. He's also developing David Begg's irritating habit of sounding like he's trapped his foreskin in his zip the second an attack breaks down. There are few good commentators just now. Even Jock Brown seems to still get  a gig - sure I heard him on the Scottish highlights package on BT last season.

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 hours ago, Adam101 said:

For me it's the fact that you can hear him jizzing in his pants the moment Celtic do anything, win a throw in, take a short corner, anything.  And yes, I know he's an Aberdeen fan, so why he fellates Celtic so much beats me.  #teamRugster

3 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Personally, I think he's a cliche machine with a squeaky voice. He spends most of the match trying to shoe-horn in his pre-written 'for the highlights' bits. I know all commentators do that, but it's really obvious that he's doing it, because he does it all through the match.

These are good points too.

Liam MacLeod, you're a dribbling moron, give commentary up.

Guest JTS98
1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

For me it's the fact that you can hear him jizzing in his pants the moment Celtic do anything, win a throw in, take a short corner, anything.  And yes, I know he's an Aberdeen fan, so why he fellates Celtic so much beats me.  #teamRugster

These are good points too.

Liam MacLeod, you're a dribbling moron, give commentary up.

He also speaks constantly with a tone of voice like he's describing the plight of a bunch of kids trapped on a cliff-ledge that is gradually falling away. Constant, constant, constant drama. If everything is dramatic, then nothing is dramatic. Someone should explain that to him.

Sadly, he's just another example of the tabloid-esque approach BBC Scotland are taking these days. He's probably told to speak in the stupid way that he does and use the stupid phrases that he does.

Best way I can describe it is that if I was listening to a game he was commentating on in the company of someone who didn't like football, I'd be embarrassed.

11 hours ago, Wasperoonie said:

He called Craig Gordon Craig Brown earlier...fellow pundits ripped him a new one.

I heard that last night. Moron. Also, when they done a short feature on Aberdeen vs Burnley they asked his opinion on Burnley and all he could add was ‘They have had a few Irish players over the years’. Useless, no value insight from a thick man.

He deserves the sack.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Iknow he's an Aberdeen fan, so why he fellates Celtic so much beats me. 

It's because...

8 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Sadly, he's just another example of the tabloid-esque approach BBC Scotland are taking these days.

Folk are far too hard on commentators.

There's literally no way they can please everyone.

I'd fair enjoy listening to punters on here having a go. And the first couple of times it would be alright but what the f**k do you do to get folk to not hate your voice?

If McLeod hides his allegiance to Aberdeen he'll get grief, and if he in any ways shows it he'll get grief too.

A lot of my points have already been covered, all of the above annoy me about him. Futhermore, it really, really fucking annoys me that he persists in saying "nothing, nothing" instead of "nil, nil" etc.

He's a fucking man child.