Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Please make this woman at the Inverness game go away

I'm sure she must be related to the fella that ran the line when that phantom goal was awarded to Watford a few years back.  Firstly, missing the fact that  the ball didn't go in but went wide, secondly the length of time she took to get back to them to correct her blunder.  I can just imagine what was going through her head 'now, how do I make this look like it's not really a horrendous f**k up and that I do know the laws of the game relating to a goal'

Guest Moomintroll
She genuinely sounds like she’s never attended a football game before and has no idea what’s going on.
Is she related to Pat Bonner?

Just now, Moomintroll said:
3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:
She genuinely sounds like she’s never attended a football game before and has no idea what’s going on.

Is she related to Pat Bonner?

This doesn’t answer your question but i cant fucking stand Pat Bonner.

57 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Tbf he is relatively calm and lucid for guy that's always 2 seconds away from bursting into tears on air.

Rubbish.  He does find it it hard sometimes to hide his (justifiable) contempt for the "ongoing situation" at your stadium though, where a reporter was banned from reporting.

Earlier, Pat Bonner was talking about John Souttar. He said something along the lines of "JS developed and Dundee United, came to Hearts and made mistakes...". 

Sportsound let Pat Bonner get away with talking utter shite.

1 hour ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

the length of time she took to get back to them to correct her blunder.  I can just imagine what was going through her head 'now, how do I make this look like it's not really a horrendous f**k up and that I do know the laws of the game relating to a goal'

That Eilidh had a nightmare! I get momentarily believing a shot had went in but you would immediately realise!

Reminds me off the time we beat Ayr one midweek with the BBC reporter reporting Ayr had won. Turned out they'd got the two teams mixed up!

Our commentators are no worse than those on Sky. I’ve watched a few games this weekend and, while I understand they have to try and justify the billions spent on English football, the cliched nonsense is nauseating. Stuff like ‘only in this league do teams try and score in injury time’ and ‘ games are never over until the final whistle blows in the Premiership’. It is becoming a real problem for Sky, as the gap, far from closing, due to huge investment, is widening. The big 4 all won easily on the opening day.