Sportsound Watch

On 07/08/2016 at 02:00, ShugtheBuddie said:

Enjoyed Sportsound today Open All Mics is a great listen at the minute some good patter flying about and if I'm not at a game I always tune in although not good for the ticker when the coupon is on!!

It's a bunch of fuds shouting a lot and trying desperately to make it sound exciting, it's pish.

Plus they don't include sevco in it.

20 minutes ago, shull said:

I love Open Aw Mics.

Don't really like commentaries of any Match.

Not even St Mirren ones, too nervewracking.

The most important parts of a commentary are covered on Open All Mics anyway. Only it covers more games. 

The only downside is that at times everyone's favourite "reporter" thinks it's actually "Open All Chick" and that everyone is desperate to know that he's just seen a throw in safely gathered by the defence and passed into midfield. 

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

The most important parts of a commentary are covered on Open All Mics anyway. Only it covers more games. 

The only downside is that at times everyone's favourite "reporter" thinks it's actually "Open All Chick" and that everyone is desperate to know that he's just seen a throw in safely gathered by the defence and passed into midfield. 

I like open all mics too, but I totally agree with what you're saying. Part of the annoyance is the difference in the reporters' approach to it. You've got Chick, like you say who thinks we want to hear about how far a goal kick went or a player miskicking a pass, then you've got some of them who only come into it when a goal is scored. Following on Twitter and you've got the crossbar being hit, or a stramash in the box, and not a peep. No consistency.

I am liking the addition of Tam McManus though, he's very good.

Edited by Rugster
Fucking dreadful spelling

Didn't take long for last night's debate over Jamie Walker's dive to get to the  "Ah, but if you've played the game and been in that situation" point from the ex pros to the journalists. Allan Preston's defence of Walker was amusing too.

44 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

How does Jackson still get onto shows like this? Surely he lost all credibility as a "journalist" when he lied about all 11 Rangers players being attacked at Hampden. Scumbag.

Jackson is an arse , agreed but by god do you ever shut up about the negative parts of the cup final , like a broken record player . Savour the win and move on for Christ sake before you end up popping yersel a blood vessel 

Jackson is an arse , agreed but by god do you ever shut up about the negative parts of the cup final , like a broken record player . Savour the win and move on for Christ sake before you end up popping yersel a blood vessel 

Your club are the ones who can't let it go.

Just now, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Your club are the ones who can't let it go.

You seem to be having separation issues yourself , why don't you just remember the day for what it actually was and meant for your club rather than focusing all the aftermath shite which whatever happens is outwith you or I's controll . And in regards to Jackson his credibility as a journalist was long gone before that article , the article where he declared Whyte as "having wealth off the radar" was probably the one that done that 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Spiers/Jackson/Wilson all on at the same time last night and a Billy Broon phone call f**k sake

:lol:

It was a perfect storm of abject west coast buffoonery. Mainly, will sevco settle for second (a guaranteed minimum) and a bit about hearts being shite.

Edited by williemillersmoustache