Sportsound Watch

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Durrant moaning about Rangers having to start at the bottom was good but I preferred his whining that "these were the only players we could get" and that they let down McCoist. Aye, because Super Ally was a tactical visionary.

I caught some of the Durrant and stuff yesterday.  

He's not very bright, but he's a decent enough bloke I reckon.  It is a great shame that he was victim to such a bad injury.

When bemoaning who McCoist could sign however, he just sounded daft.  Blokes like Templeton and Sandaza were among the most highly rated in the country and the club had a staggeringly high wage budget.

He also struggled when he said that something should have been done, an agreement reached to prevent them entering the third division.  As I say, I don't think there's a lot of malice there, but the entitled ignorance still shines through.

How does he not deserve it?

I found his interview interesting. There's all sorts of different guests on, the rage is purely because he's ex Rangers.

You can't possibly have expected to have him say anything other than what he did in regards to them 'being demoted' to the 4th tier etc, which actually was only spoke about for less than a minute. He was hardly going to say they died ffs.

Big deal, the rest of it was pretty interesting, it's not like Durrants on all the time or anything either I can only ever remember him being on once before and that was pretty recently.

You missed what RG said clearly, the same accusation has been levelled at non OF pundits on sport sound

You missed what RG said clearly, the same accusation has been levelled at non OF pundits on sport sound

A harmless interview with him, where he really came across pretty well, ended in you saying GIRUY and calling Rangers scum? If you could maybe have put your hatred towards Rangers to the side for a second you might've enjoyed it. Good listen. [emoji1360]

A harmless interview with him, where he really came across pretty well, ended in you saying GIRUY and calling Rangers scum? If you could maybe have put your hatred towards Rangers to the side for a second you might've enjoyed it. Good listen. [emoji1360]

Did I say any of that? Point me towards that please

Did I say any of that? Point me towards that please

Apologies!!! It wasn't you, it was Gman.

Still have no idea how Durrant is any more or less relevant than any of the guests that have ever been on before.

There's a huge number of ex players and coaches that go on Sportsound to do exactly the same as what Durrant went on and done last night. A harmless interview looking into his career.

I agree with the guests they get, and agree most of it was harmless shite, but what exactly was stopping him not sounding like a mutant about Rangers. It's not "to be expected" especially when the club at the time were saying they'd rather start from the bottom than be forced into the championship.

I caught some of the Durrant and stuff yesterday.  

He's not very bright, but he's a decent enough bloke I reckon.  It is a great shame that he was victim to such a bad injury.

When bemoaning who McCoist could sign however, he just sounded daft.  Blokes like Templeton and Sandaza were among the most highly rated in the country and the club had a staggeringly high wage budget.

He also struggled when he said that something should have been done, an agreement reached to prevent them entering the third division.  As I say, I don't think there's a lot of malice there, but the entitled ignorance still shines through.

I'd agree with that monkey, clearly not vindictive but clearly brought up in the culture of entitlement that comes with a Rangers man.

Great to have renowned Scottish football expert Neil Warnock on the show tonight.

Last night's had some stuff about the US Open tennis and a decent interview with Russell Knox about missing out on the Ryder Cup. Bizarrely, both these bits were cut from the podcast.

How does he not deserve it?

I found his interview interesting. There's all sorts of different guests on, the rage is purely because he's ex Rangers.

You can't possibly have expected to have him say anything other than what he did in regards to them 'being demoted' to the 4th tier etc, which actually was only spoke about for less than a minute. He was hardly going to say they died ffs.

Big deal, the rest of it was pretty interesting, it's not like Durrants on all the time or anything either I can only ever remember him being on once before and that was pretty recently.

Seriously. You found that interesting ? Jesus.

What exactly was insightful ? What did you hear that hasnt already been said by Brown, Jardine, McCoist, McCall and all the other brain dead idiots who spout the party line ? All of them connected to the Club are still spouting absolute shite and lies ? Are they really that thick ? You're just as bad falling for it and being suckered in.

Anyway, No need for the Simpson tackle to be brought up, end of.

Our first meeting with the zombies is extremely high risk as it is we dont need the media winding everyone up. They'll soon demonise the fans when the inevitable carnage kicks off. Will be our fault of course.

As an aside, always intrigues me why the Willie Johnstone deliberate stamp on John McMasters throat, which required him to get the kiss of life, is never talked mentioned. Ever.

In fact forgive me, it has been mentioned on Sportsound before, oh how could I forget. Of course its a really funny anecdote as Willie Johnstone apologised to McMaster. He only nearly killed him because he thought it was Willie Miller.

How the Sportsound panel laughed.

It was 30 years ago, and yet somehow, they are still going on about a challenge that was, by the standards of the day and the animals Aberdeen were playing that day, a borderline yellow. Durrant was unlucky, an ACL injury can be devastating, particularly if it is treated badly, like his was. None of this is Neil Simpsons fault or problem.

It was 30 years ago, and yet somehow, they are still going on about a challenge that was, by the standards of the day and the animals Aberdeen were playing that day, a borderline yellow. Durrant was unlucky, an ACL injury can be devastating, particularly if it is treated badly, like his was. None of this is Neil Simpsons fault or problem.

I don't disagree with any of that but they never said anything bad about Simpson last night. And when speaking about Durrants career it's a pretty huge moment in it its obviously going to come up, 3 years or something he was out?

Someone said that its been covered loads, I'm 24 and I never knew too much about it until that interview.

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about Derek Fergusons comments last night yet, now that's something worth moaning about!!!

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't disagree with any of that but they never said anything bad about Simpson last night. And when speaking about Durrants career it's a pretty huge moment in it its obviously going to come up, 3 years or something he was out?

Someone said that its been covered loads, I'm 24 and I never knew too much about it until that interview.

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about Derek Fergusons comments last night yet, now that's something worth moaning about!!!

Fair e nuff.

I nearly turned off last nights sevco circle jerk, as you say Dereks encouragement of sevco's enticement to violence and anger was pretty shocking. Glad I didn't though as  I heard spiers say Barton was on 25k a week :lol: