Sportsound Watch

27 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Driving home from last night's game was painful enough with the Arbroath v Arbroath insight, worse for me was hearing her read out the updated league group tables, apologies to anybody I might have crashed into between Cumnock and Ayr, blame my actions on Jane Lewis.

How these people are ever deemed competent for a national radio station truly baffles me.

She is absolutely hopeless.

Stutters & stammers her way through interviews & presenting, gets names wrong.

Just awful.

Hate to say it, but it’s just a box ticked 

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Stewart phoning in from Dingwall today via an old tin-can on a string by the sounds of things.

That said, Al Lamont is a much less annoying host than Kenny McIntyre

1 minute ago, forkboy said:

Michael Stewart phoning in from Dingwall today via an old tin-can on a string by the sounds of things.

That said, Al Lamont is a much less annoying host than Kenny McIntyre

The line at Dingwall went down so he had to literally phone in.

Aye I like Lamont. Think he's a good host and talks about a wide range of clubs. Sadly we all know as soon as the league begins we'll go back to the usual Sevco/Celtic borefests.

14 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Al Lamont enthusing about Rory Loy seemlessly switching from being a competent reporter to a competent interviewer.

That's what happens when you stick a mic in front of someone with a measurable intellect, unlike some of the other guys they use.

Aye hes cool.

The League Cup format of Open All Mics shows what it could he. They have a good selection of games across the country featuring teams from all leagues, they talk about the teams involved, they talk about a range of subjects. It was an enjoyable listen.

Sadly next week it will return to the usual myopic pish of wanking over two teams with a brief mention of the other Premiership teams who are playing. Almost all discussion, pre, during and post match will be about two teams and what signings they've made and who said what about them and blah fucking blah.

Glad I won't be listening.

Edited by DA Baracus

They only covered the games they had reporters at which meant they mainly ignored the biggest result of the day. Surely it should have been the headline story after full time? Some of the goal updates from the other games were really slow as well. Updating listeners on when goals happen should be the very minimum of a show like that.

11 minutes ago, forkboy said:

It was really nice having Open All Mics be actually listenable after all of last season.

That will last a week.  Normal service next week going on and on and on about the bigots.

2 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

They only covered the games they had reporters at which meant they mainly ignored the biggest result of the day. Surely it should have been the headline story after full time? Some of the goal updates from the other games were really slow as well. Updating listeners on when goals happen should be the very minimum of a show like that.

It's impossible to tell in advance which games will produce the biggest results of the day. St Johnstone vs Stirling Albion seemed like a routine and probably dull home win.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's impossible to tell in advance which games will produce the biggest results of the day. St Johnstone vs Stirling Albion seemed like a routine and probably dull home win.

That didn’t stop them having reporters at Bonnyrigg vs. Airdrie and Albion Rovers vs. Kilmarnock. They decided not to cover 1 out of the 8 groups and 1 out of 6 Premiership teams. Seems an odd choice to me but fair enough. To then not have it as the lead story seems daft.

Today’s programme wasn’t coverage of today’s cup games. It was coverage of the 8 games they’d sent reporters to and the occasional update on the other games if/when they could be bothered, which to me isn’t different from most weeks. Doesn’t matter to me whether they take up time talking about the Old Firm when they aren’t playing or, as they did today, Hibs.

18 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

That didn’t stop them having reporters at Bonnyrigg vs. Airdrie and Albion Rovers vs. Kilmarnock. They decided not to cover 1 out of the 8 groups and 1 out of 6 Premiership teams. Seems an odd choice to me but fair enough. To then not have it as the lead story seems daft.

Today’s programme wasn’t coverage of today’s cup games. It was coverage of the 8 games they’d sent reporters to and the occasional update on the other games if/when they could be bothered, which to me isn’t different from most weeks. Doesn’t matter to me whether they take up time talking about the Old Firm when they aren’t playing or, as they did today, Hibs.

They'll never get it right in these games. As I said, it seemed like a routine and dull home win meaning neither team would qualify, so can understand why they never sent anyone. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

That will last a week.  Normal service next week going on and on and on about the bigots.

McIntyre the h*n will be back on next week, “let’s start with an exclusive interview with Rangers boss Michael Beale”… 

It’ll end at 2.50 & there will be a cursory scoot round the grounds for teams news.

Then at 3, McIntyre will ask the pundits their thoughts on Beale’s interview 

He ruins Sportsound. 

11 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

McIntyre the h*n will be back on next week, “let’s start with an exclusive interview with Rangers boss Michael Beale”… 

It’ll end at 2.50 & there will be a cursory scoot round the grounds for teams news.

Then at 3, McIntyre will ask the pundits their thoughts on Beale’s interview 

He ruins Sportsound. 

With a little bit of VAR chucked in for good measure.   You are completely right.  Worst presenter they could have chosen bar Jane Lewis. 

On 29/07/2023 at 18:55, DA Baracus said:

St Johnstone vs Stirling Albion seemed like a routine and probably dull home win.

Did it?

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Listening in the car on the way home today and Jane Lewis had a peak Alan Partridge moment. 

I can’t really describe it, so you’ll need to listen from the 30 minute mark in the podcast: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g3thmg

"I had forgotten about it until I reminded myself of it by doing a bit of research"

The longer Jane Lewis remains employed to talk about things to an audience the more I think it's an elaborate ruse to see how long it takes anyone to notice that she's about the least suitable person on the planet for the job. Maybe it's only P&B that's realised. 

12 minutes ago, The Master said:

Listening in the car on the way home today and Jane Lewis had a peak Alan Partridge moment. 

I can’t really describe it, so you’ll need to listen from the 30 minute mark in the podcast: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g3thmg

It's quite something but it's no Lee Anderson