Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 16/08/14

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An absolute certainty is that this will be a harder game for us than tonight was, even accounting for some of the bog-standard personnel in Dundee's side. Preferably you'd like to go away from home to newly promoted sides later in the season but we've given ourselves some good momentum and had a fairly good record away to bottom six sides last season, so no reason at all why we can't win here. Would take a draw though.

Whereas Partick's side is filled with world-beating superstars.

Looking forward to this one, won't get carried away by last night's result though. Surely Dundee will present more of a threat than County: who were to be frank rotten.

It'll be games of this type that will determine our season, if we've got any real ambition we've got to be looking to win on Saturday Taking last season as a marker, our away form was relatively good and our style of play is well suited to getting results away from home. If I am hypercritical about last nights performance, I thought the defence still looked suspect when attacked with pace. In addition, I'd really love us to have another goalscoring threat.

However, these are undoubtedly niggardly comments on what was undoubtedly a fine performance by the entire side, onward and upward. As I said to a few mates last night I'm into my 34th year of following the Jags and it looks like it may well be one of the best.

A win would be basically fucking magic. Will it happen? f**k knows, Dundee so far seem like a solid enough team but I've not seen enough of them to make a judgement.

Ps Dundee fans, is there a taxi rank near the train station? Don't fancy the mass hike to the ground tbh.

A win would be basically fucking magic. Will it happen? f**k knows, Dundee so far seem like a solid enough team but I've not seen enough of them to make a judgement.

Ps Dundee fans, is there a taxi rank near the train station? Don't fancy the mass hike to the ground tbh.

Taxis right outside the station exit.

Stop calling us Partick, then we'll talk banter Deefiant.

It was Patrick before my edit so thank your lucky stars i cared enough to change it.

After our point against the fake thistle I look forward to playing the real thistle ;)

Looking forward to this one, won't get carried away by last night's result though. Surely Dundee will present more of a threat than County: who were to be frank rotten.

It'll be games of this type that will determine our season, if we've got any real ambition we've got to be looking to win on Saturday Taking last season as a marker, our away form was relatively good and our style of play is well suited to getting results away from home. If I am hypercritical about last nights performance, I thought the defence still looked suspect when attacked with pace. In addition, I'd really love us to have another goalscoring threat.

However, these are undoubtedly niggardly comments on what was undoubtedly a fine performance by the entire side, onward and upward. As I said to a few mates last night I'm into my 34th year of following the Jags and it looks like it may well be one of the best.

Less of the niggardly comments please.

As has been said, Dundee can only be better than county were so should be a better challenge. Wouldn't change anything from last night, and if we can keep that level of performance then we'll win.

Not been to dens before so looking forward to it, any word on where the away support will be seated?

3-0. Gary Fraser hat trick, all from 30+ yards. Or actually, 2-1 Fraser and Stevenson, harkins for Dundee.

As has been said, Dundee can only be better than county were so should be a better challenge. Wouldn't change anything from last night, and if we can keep that level of performance then we'll win.

Not been to dens before so looking forward to it, any word on where the away support will be seated?

3-0. Gary Fraser hat trick, all from 30+ yards. Or actually, 2-1 Fraser and Stevenson, harkins for Dundee.

Mainstand.

Dundee will be a much harder game than County, but after tonight I'm fairly confident of a result here.

Oh, there'll certainly be a result. ;):smartass

Mind that time we beat Dundee 1-0 at Dens when Rab Douglas got sent off and a Dundee fan wrote a tear-stained letter of complaint to the SFA, accusing them of anti-Dundee bias?

Did that not happen every other week?

If we play like we did last night then we should have no problems in winning this, no matter how bad County were. Whether we can perform that well twice in a week remains to be seen. Fancy us to scrape this though. I'd put my house on Harkins scoring but our midfield should largely dominate again. I'll go 2-1 Thistle.

Archived