Celtic vs Dundee United - 16/08/2014

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was always either going to be a glorious failure on Celtic's part and we snuck a win, or a total pumping in Deila's first game in charge. In the grand scheme of things these games mean f**k all but we have been totally toothless and have played totally into Celtic's hands by backing off and dropping deeper.

Just get the second half out the way and start looking ahead to the Ross County game.

UTD beat us on the first game of the season and played really well but I always thought that we would not play that bad again this season

They clearly have a decent team but this has taken them right back to earth, I was hoping for a UTD win today but thats not going to happen

Can see Celtic scoring more in the second half

Plus the fact that Celtic are better than us across the whole pitch doesn't bother me, they should be. It would bother me if the same was said for teams like Motherwell, Aberdeen and everyone else and that isn't the case.

We are totally outclassed. It just shows how far ahead Celtic are of the rest of the Scottish teams.

Some poor play on our part but Paton's role in the third is inexcusable.

If we escape with only a three goal deficit I'll be happy.

11/4. You will never see a poor bookie.

11/4 for a 3 goal comeback at Parkhead? :lol: Stingy b*****ds.

This is a drubbing. Could be 4 or 5

...or 6 or 7.

GMS the only bright light for United in the first half. Rankin and Paton doing not nearly enough to break up play, or perhaps GMS, Dow and Armstrong (now Ciftci) not doing enough to help out. Either way, totally inept without the ball and too panicked with the ball.

What a dreadful few goals to concede. Since when was the best tactic at Celtic to let them have the ball with no pressure at all? Until we went 3-0 down they were being allowed to walk it to within 40 yards of goal and pick a pass at their leisure. At least make them work for it.

We are totally outclassed. It just shows how far ahead Celtic are of the rest of the Scottish teams.

Spawny as fcuk against St Johnstone, who put up a good fight. We'd do well to learn from that.

Some poor play on our part but Paton's role in the third is inexcusable.

If we escape with only a three goal deficit I'll be happy.

Yep, 100% his fault imo. How much time was he expecting to have with the way Celtic were playing? Very poor and killed the game, I would have fancied us to get a goal back at 2-0.

Archived