Celtic vs Dundee United - 16/08/2014

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldnt give any less of a f**k about this result. These away games at Celtic Park are as well being written off for us. Only positive is that its 6 points from 9 against last years top 3 teams. Now we can concentrate on going on a run against the teams that we really should be picking up points from. Onwards and upwards

Rico (I'm not sure that Celtic are the team for me) Annoni. See the way he picks a cult hero for his username? What a japester

Hiya Seamus, Hiya pal :)

Thank f**k I've seen sense and stopped attending these games though, f**k ever paying £29 for that. National Rum Day, I'm away to down a bottle of The Kraken.

Having paid £29 for that, I can confirm the p*sh view probably made it better than it was on the telly.

Highlight for me was that the rain was off on my trips too and from the ground.

Next game please!

It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat that is annoying.

Bit of a baptism of fire for the new boys but hopefully they will learn from this and we can put it down as a blip.

Serious alcohol intake required tonight.

Yeah, other half is a Utd fan and he's already started on the alcohol recovery plan.

I guess that's what I mean, no team expects to beat Celtic but out of everyone, Utd are the ones you would hope would give them a game and take some points off them.

Utd did look off the pace though - more so than usual and lacking in communication so hopefully it's more of an early season blip that can be sorted out.

Depends how Maribor defend really. United gifted Celtic goals from set pieces, it wasn't as if Celtic were free flowing and rampant.

Rado is done for me. Should've been shown the door in the summer. The final Celtic goal typified his shiteness for me. He instills no confidence. Pat Bonner made a good point on the radio that his decision making is poor, doesn't know when to come for a cross or stay and let the defenders deal with it.

Thank f**k I've seen sense and stopped attending these games though, f**k ever paying £29 for that. National Rum Day, I'm away to down a bottle of The Kraken.

Agree 100% and I've been saying the same thing for about 18 month.

Agree 100% and I've been saying the same thing for about 18 month.

I liked him up until a few months into last season. I'm sure I posted somewhere on here back then that I thought he was one of the better keepers we've brought in in recent years, but his form went quickly south from there and this season has begun where it left off, if not worse. JMc needs to be ruthless and drop him.

I liked him up until a few months into last season. I'm sure I posted somewhere on here back then that I thought he was one of the better keepers we've brought in in recent years, but his form went quickly south from there and this season has begun where it left off, if not worse. JMc needs to be ruthless and drop him.

I thought he was really poor his first year(Although our back four was terrible that season) then started last season well but after xmas his poor form returned and I felt as though we should have sold him in the summer and brought in a new first choice keeper...Still time, his shot stopping ability is fantastic and he pulls of some great saves, however his decision making is just awful and every time the ball goes anywhere near our box I expect the worst.

I am willing to completely wipe this game from memory so I don't want to analyse any individual performances. I see Rado getting a bit of a hard time here and plenty of abuse from the Facebook army on United's page but I think it is really harsh to single him out today. He was not at fault for at least four of the goals if not five, plus he did make some good saves during the game. I'm playing devil's advocate a little bit and I do have a bit of soft spot for Rado but I think that we just need to forget today and move ahead.

In saying that I know Rado's form has suffered in the last year, and he is in the last year of his contract so it might be time for a change. This actually would be perfect timing for Jackie to give someone else a go, given he would be able to turn to Rado and say "well we conceded six goals on Saturday so I fancy shaking it up."

I just think our goalkeeper is getting a little singled out when in fact it was the team in front of him that allowed Celtic over 20 attempts on goal. It reflects bad on him but it wasn't entirely his fault.

I am willing to completely wipe this game from memory so I don't want to analyse any individual performances. I see Rado getting a bit of a hard time here and plenty of abuse from the Facebook army on United's page but I think it is really harsh to single him out today. He was not at fault for at least four of the goals if not five, plus he did make some good saves during the game. I'm playing devil's advocate a little bit and I do have a bit of soft spot for Rado but I think that we just need to forget today and move ahead.

In saying that I know Rado's form has suffered in the last year, and he is in the last year of his contract so it might be time for a change. This actually would be perfect timing for Jackie to give someone else a go, given he would be able to turn to Rado and say "well we conceded six goals on Saturday so I fancy shaking it up."

I just think our goalkeeper is getting a little singled out when in fact it was the team in front of him that allowed Celtic over 20 attempts on goal. It reflects bad on him but it wasn't entirely his fault.

rado certainly wasn't to blame today and could probably have done very little for 5 of the goals. Having said that he was on notice from me at the start of this campaign due to how he performed last year.

in all 3 games this season so far his decision making and inability/ unwillingness to catch a ball ( he is not even punching now he is slapping ffs) means he is done for me too. his kicking is still shite also.

fair enough to say 2 clean sheets before today but neither motherwell or aberdeen had a shot on target.

we can also put the "nervous behind gunning and souttar" pish to bed too. he was flappy as f**k behind two excellent performances from morris and fojut prior to today.

I know he wasn't fully to blame today Stum, the entire defence was culpable, but the performance optimised him in the last year. Flapping at crosses(he also did that against Aberdeen & Motherwell). Why for the final goal did he go with his feet? Bizarre choice. I hope the other keepers are pushing him hard in training, McNamara may have to be brave with a decision to drop him, but that's his job. I don't dislike the guy, but unless he gets rid of the flapping at crosses nonsense he should be dropped. Pity we didn't have a League Cup game upcoming to give another guy a run out.

Having paid £29 for that, I can confirm the p*sh view probably made it better than it was on the telly.

Highlight for me was that the rain was off on my trips too and from the ground.

Next game please!

Well in sir. It's a pity as it used to be an away game I liked due to having a few Celtic ST pals, they'd always organise a decent night out in Glasgow after. Roll on Thistle away.

I didn't mean to come across as particularly singling Rado out for today's result, but I felt this way about him anyway. Even without attributing any blame to him for 5 of the goals, he had a few flaps which we got away with.

While it's good to have a settled team, it's also good to have proper competition for places which is something we have all over the park this season. If making mistakes which directly cost us goals isn't enough to put a player's place in the team in question then the players on the bench must wonder what they have to do to get a chance.

Celtic played well today and put us under serious pressure but its fucking annoying that that pressure translated into mistakes so quickly.

Some last season-style defending on show today. Rado really needs a boot up the arse, his decision making is atrocious - goes for balls he has no need to, stays on his line when he should be wiping people out and cant inspire any confidence in defence.

Archived