Shipyard goes bust...

Crùbag

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's hoping Darling brings up shipbuilding at the next debate and gets torn a new one by Salmond.

Politics aside, as someone recently made redundant I can only sympathise with the 70 odd folk laid off. It's f***ing horrible and here's hoping their skills can be applied elsewhere. :(

Fair play to loyal-blue on fooling numerous posters with his sarcasm.

Anyone who's read his previous posts would know he's a Yes voter.

The embarrassing thing is that these are arguments that I have genuinely heard from no voters.

If nothing else comes from it hopefully we've at least gained a fair few yes votes from those made redundant.

I apologise, I've not noticed your postings before and there was no hint of sarcasm in the posts you made.

Fair play to loyal-blue on fooling numerous posters with his sarcasm.

Anyone who's read his previous posts would know he's a Yes voter.

Touché. I'm still green round the ears...

It will be salmonds fault anytime soon

How'd you guess?

The announcement provoked a powerful attack from a senior union official against the First Minister.

Jim Moohan, chairman of the Confederation of Shipbuilding & Engineering Unions (CSEU) in Scotland and GMB Scotland senior organiser, said that there had been concerns for some time about the amount of work on the yard's books and that more should have been done to safeguard the yard's future.

He said: "This is the end of commercial shipbuilding in Scotland. The yard has struggled for work for a number of years now and the Scottish government gave us an assurance that the work would be there and the yard would survive.

"There was a personal commitment from the First Minister that the workforce would be protected and that work would remain. This is a scandal and Alex Salmond should deliver a personal apology to each and every one of these men today."

So, one Labour loyalist sounds off in a partisan manner, despite the fact that the Scots Gov have secured £20 million worth of work for the yard building hybrid ferries over the last two and a half years, and can you guess what the headline is?

Union anger at Salmond as Scotland's last commercial shipyard goes under

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/new-clyde-gloom-as-ferguson-shipyard-goes-into-receivership.1408096779

Archived