Best young prospect in the league?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Christie.

​Harry Souttar will be absolutely brilliant for us, if he's here in three years time.

Have you seen Harry Souttar play? Lots of people saying he'll be great but very few have actually seen him.

Have you seen Harry Souttar play? Lots of people saying he'll be great but very few have actually seen him.

I have a feeling he's an above average defender at that level who gets more hype than he probably deserves due to his name, could be wrong

Enrico Annoni, on 19 Aug 2014 - 19:03, said:

Mind that time you went into Admin from buying all they foreigners? and the only decent young Scottish talent you've had in recent years you bought him from Livingston

Genuinely, not trolling, who was the last 'genuine' talent Celtic 'produced' for Scotland? You have one of if not THE biggest academy in Scotland, and who have you produced recently for the National team? The only two I can think of in recent memory are McGeady (Ireland) and Forrest. Calum McGregor may well be the next but are you not even slightly embarrassed that a side like Livi or others can produce better than Celtic? Example, Snodgrass.

Celtic don't do enough to blood in their youngsters when realistically, they are currently the biggest and best team and Scotland and until Deila took over, there was zero evidence of Celtic trying to blood exciting players other than Forrest.

Genuinely, not trolling, who was the last 'genuine' talent Celtic 'produced' for Scotland? You have one of if not THE biggest academy in Scotland, and who have you produced recently for the National team? The only two I can think of in recent memory are McGeady (Ireland) and Forrest. Calum McGregor may well be the next but are you not even slightly embarrassed that a side like Livi or others can produce better than Celtic? Example, Snodgrass.

Celtic don't do enough to blood in their youngsters when realistically, they are currently the biggest and best team and Scotland and until Deila took over, there was zero evidence of Celtic trying to blood exciting players other than Forrest.

Tbf Snodgrass turned down Celtic before signing for Livingston

Going back a decade or so then John Kennedy could've been very decent , but even then that's clutching at straws.

Charlie Mulgrew is the obvious example of a Celtic youth player whos "made it", considering hes a Scotland International

I have a feeling he's an above average defender at that level who gets more hype than he probably deserves due to his name, could be wrong

I don't know how good he is, but he's a fcuking giant!

15 year old in the U20 squad, guess which one he is...

DEVSQUAD300.jpg

RandomGuy., on 19 Aug 2014 - 23:27, said:

Charlie Mulgrew is the obvious example of a Celtic youth player whos "made it", considering hes a Scotland International

Wow, a player that was released from Celtic and made it elsewhere before coming back when he was the final article is the 'obvious' example. Of course, he counts, but is that the best on offer? That's embarrassing.

Wow, a player that was released from Celtic and made it elsewhere before coming back when he was the final article is the 'obvious' example. Of course, he counts, but is that the best on offer? That's embarrassing.

He wasn't released, he was part of a swap deal for Lee Naylor at Wolves

Also, I'm not convinced be "made it elsewhere" before returning to Celtic, if memory serves me right he wasn't exactly making great waves at Aberdeen

None stick out from the top of my head, I do know our youth system has produced many a decent players, unfortunately you'll find them littered throughout the Scottish and English leagues and not at Celtic

Because they're pish.

How many ex Celtic youth players have Dundee had over the years?

I'd be surprised of every team in the premiership didn't at least have 1 at some point in the recent history

Enrico Annoni, on 20 Aug 2014 - 01:40, said:

How many ex Celtic youth players have Dundee had over the years?

I'd be surprised of every team in the premiership didn't at least have 1 at some point in the recent history

What relevancy does that have? You're churning out players that aren't good enough for your club. You hoover up all of the brightest talents you can at a very young age, and very few, if any other than Forrest have made it at your club or at a national level in recent history.

I think the fact that every team in the Prem has had an ex-Celt youth says a lot more about your club than it does any other considering you have a free pick of the bunch.

How much better do you want? He's a Scottish regular and plays in the CL. While they also have a player playing at one of the top English sides. Theres no other club in this country who have youth players at the same level, Livingstons best is Snodgrass, who plays for a mid-table EPL side and Dorrans, who plays for a mid-table EPL side.

Archived