Ice Bucket Challenge

After 3 nominations I just had to do it. I was kind of hoping I wouldn't as I don't really like putting shit on Facebook. It was actually a good laugh although I did get tipped out of a bath into the Tay from a forklift all filmed on a GoPro.

Anyway it's funny to see the rage from people about this on here and from my friends. It's donating to a good cause so surely it's all positive? What about people that do bungee jumps, sky dives and even marathons for charity are they just showing off too?

Seems like you have been planning this for months

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 3 nominations I just had to do it. I was kind of hoping I wouldn't as I don't really like putting shit on Facebook. It was actually a good laugh although I did get tipped out of a bath into the Tay from a forklift all filmed on a GoPro.

Anyway it's funny to see the rage from people about this on here and from my friends. It's donating to a good cause so surely it's all positive? What about people that do bungee jumps, sky dives and even marathons for charity are they just showing off too?

Attention seeking of the highest order. Why not just fire a tenner to a good cause and feel good about it?

Seems like you have been planning this for months

Not really considering all the stuff lying around at my work.

Attention seeking of the highest order. Why not just fire a tenner to a good cause and feel good about it?

Why not raise awareness and have a laugh at the same time as well as raising money?

I do. I work on a boatyard and the forklift is used to load the boat everyday. I brought my camera to work that day.

I see you are avoiding my question.

So the camera was brought in specifically and wasn't lying about.

For someone who really didn't want to do this, and who doesn't like posting stuff on Facebook, you appear to have embraced this.

Nothing wrong with doing something for charity, nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, but publicising it is essentially attention seeking.

So the camera was brought in specifically and wasn't lying about.

For someone who really didn't want to do this, and who doesn't like posting stuff on Facebook, you appear to have embraced this.

Nothing wrong with doing something for charity, nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, but publicising it is essentially attention seeking.

Well I brought it as I hadn't decided what I was going to yet although I wanted to film whatever it was on my good camera.

Yeah well fair enough mate it probably is attention seeking but to be honest I don't care too much. At the end of the day it's all for a good cause. As long as people donate its good news. I just don't see why people should get so worked up about it.

Oh and for the record I put it on YouTube :)

I did mine last week. It's a bit of harmless fun and prompted me to donate to charity, something I, to my shame, don't do often enough.

Plus, I got 28 Likes..

If you look like the chick in your avatar (or whatever it's called), I "like" too.

^^^

Character

hi,

i actually took part in the macmillan cancer trust ice bucket challenge today.......im not into all this facebook crap or twitter,

but not to be a bore or party pooper......when friends and family asked me to take part....i gladly said yes because.....it does benefit charities directly by texting your donation straight after doing the challenge.....and then nominating others that you feel will also support the charity.

Unlike dropping money into buckets in high streets or shopping centre's..........its a well known fact that when people collect money in buckets for charity, they only have to be seen to donate a very small portion of what they collect to charities.

My partner has been told openly by students that they dress up.......collect in the streets......then use the money to fund their evenings out drinking in town ...only donating a minimal ammount to charities.

So if you decide to give to charity.....do it throught texting direct(it goes on your mobile bill) ,or open a direct debit to the charity(which i also do to 2 charities.

P.S. it's the easiest thing to criticize and do nothing yourself.

I'm glad that you explained to everyone how the whole thing works.

As for the bit in bold, I think I'll simply just say that either you or your partner is lying.

Sorry if a repost, but, fuckin' hell........... Child cruelty, with swearing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152339330057705

Coff.....................

Seems people are taking this quite seriously. I'm actually getting some tear-stained abuse for refusing to do it :lol:

NRhTp24.png

My outburst on a few folks fb calling them all clownshoes resulted in a stream of messages from folk I don't know :)

Example........

Shut the f**k up your miserable whore

Which ended with the numbnuts sending.......

Right I'm goin to end it here cos I don't know what we're talking about now..

There was a fair few others of the same style .

I put a post on Facebook saying

I'd like to be able to block anything about the ice bucket challenge and the independence referendum. I got over twenty likes including several from people who had posted the videos of their ice bucket challenges. :blink:

Archived