Hearts v Falkirk

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed our goal! But the second half performance was a lot better though Hearts had obviously eased off.

f**k knows what Vaulks was all about with the penalty stupid tackle to make. Thought Rowan and Leahy looked better at full back than Maybury/Dick though after seeing our centre backs today I think we need another one in.

Only passmarks for me today would MacDonald and Sibbald. If it wasn't for MacDonald it would've been about 6 and it was some save he made for the first penalty and Sibbald was really our only player wanting the ball and trying to make something happen. Botti as well put a shift in hopefully best week we go with up front alongside Loy.

We need to stop playing one up top.

Wasnt at the game but sounds like a typical Falkirk performance.

Botti and Loy up top next week away to Stranraer please.

4 Signings need imo, a defender ( Barr) 2 mids ( ?,?) and a striker (?)

I would complain about the linesman but in reality his decisions would have made no difference to the final result.

Someone needs to tell McCracken to play like the no nonsense he is. His best games have been Rangers and Hibs where everything was thumped away.

I slight positive would be I thought Sibbald took on McGrandles role well.

Shooting in practice.

Didn't realise Falkirk had so many middle aged perma-seething disasters in their support. Loads of them jumping up like they'd one the world cup final and giving it GIRUYs when Buaben got sent off :lol:

Only Sibbald and MacDonald can come out of that with any dignity for Falkirk (as well as the subs I guess). Everyone else was garbage, but special mention has to go to Maybury and Alston, who may as well have been in the pub for the afternoon.

Hearts the best team we've played by a mile, but strength in depth might be a problem. Buaben was cruising the game until that needless card.

Rowan in for Maybury in the short term, any other midfielder for Olu (Barr if possible), sign another centre back and creative midfielder, put Biabi in for Alston against the smaller team.

And thank the lord that Hibs are in this league.

Shooting in practice.

Didn't realise Falkirk had so many middle aged perma-seething disasters in their support. Loads of them jumping up like they'd one the world cup final and giving it GIRUYs when Buaben got sent off :lol:

Gaz-ffc ^^^

We need to stop playing one up top.

Wasnt at the game but sounds like a typical Falkirk performance.

Botti and Loy up top next week away to Stranraer please.

4 Signings need imo, a defender ( Barr) 2 mids ( ?,?) and a striker (?)

In Barr you get a CH, RB and Midfielder.

No complaints today we were well beaten but it's only one game and one where anything would have been a bonus. Some of our passing was horrific today which is unusual for us and defensively really poor. The bald dwarf of a linesman had a shocker and I think his ineptitude was the reason for the 2nd goal. Not the penalty decision but I thought the left winger was at least a yard offside which ended up leading to it.

At least the ref seen Baubens horrendous challenge on Oli. Totally unnecessary and could have caused a lot of damaged. Fair play to Jambo's, they are playing decent and everything is going for them just now

Shooting in practice.

You obviously don't remember them from the previous games.

Superb. We should have won by a lot more - credit to Jamie MacDonald for keeping the score semi-respectable for Falkirk.

Some of the football in the first half was sublime. Time and again we cut Falkirk open, and deservedly bagged a few goals. It was disappointing to see a more flat performance in the second half, but I suppose there's no point expending more energy than you need to - the game was already won.

Robbie was right to come out after the game and say we can still improve. We've only kept one clean sheet in competitive games so far; we're still prone to mistakes and sloppy play at the back which gives our opponents opportunities. A slack pass back to the defence today was the source of Falkirk's consolation. Buaben, while he had a good game, was fucking stupid to get sent off. I and everyone around me called the red card as soon as he lunged in. It was needless - just stay on your feet and contain the opposition. Hopefully Robbie has a few words with Prince; similar ones that were passed on to Sow after the derby, I'm presuming.

I thought Keatings -- shan penalty aside -- was brilliant today. He showed great determination and selflessness on the ball around the Falkirk box even though he was getting a wee bit frustrated that he hadn't found the back of the net; I saw him punch the wall of the tunnel as he was going off at half time. For the first time in years we have proper competition up front; and El Hassnaoui hasn't even made his debut yet.

Archived