Hearts v Falkirk

I'm not expecting MacDonald to wipe his arse with a Hearts top in the centre of the pitch but there's a time and a place for him to 'acknowledge' the home support. Waving to them after he's just conceded a goal and applauding them immediately following a total pumping isn't right.

WTF was the man of the match award for? A pathetic patronising pat on the head. Hearts were phenomenal yesterday, why did it not go to King or Nicholson?

The impression I'm getting is that a few Jambos think that Falkirk should know their place and let them get on with it.

Yeah, that's totally the mindset. We don't just think you're crying about your MotM waving to his old fans that supported him his entire career is an embarrassing over-reaction.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're asking the wrong people. Ask the Hibs fans what they thought of their player bumming up the opposition fans.

Macdonald's a good keeper but I''d rather McGovern had stayed tbh.

It's not HIbs fans who're getting all biscuit ersed over it, although IIRC they did when Zibby acknowledged us when we chanted his name for obvious reasons, and he didn't even play for us! :lol:

Actually there were 3 MOTM awards the match sponsors went for Gomis, the match ball sponsors went for King. Jamie was named man of the match by that days "Club ambassadors" one of whom was Henry Smith. I didn't catch the name of the other but I think he may have been a former keeper too.

The other ambassador was Gordon Marshall snr

Enjoyed that yesterday. Playing some really good stuff. Billy King is just as good as Nicholson IMO.

Still not sure of Ozturk as a centre half tho.

While not wanting to belittle King, he's playing out of his skin just now. Delighted with him at the moment. Nicholson however, is on a different level, and is the brightest talent in Scottish football, perhaps barring McGregor. He's got another couple of gears to go up, and with Walker on the bench, and Keatings being able to play out wide, we're certainly blessed in the wingers department.

The first penalty infuriates me. Maybury gives it away and as it's taken he is standing hands on hips, even when Jamie saves it he's still standing there.

Great example from our under 20s coach.

The first penalty infuriates me. Maybury gives it away and as it's taken he is standing hands on hips, even when Jamie saves it he's still standing there.

Great example from our under 20s coach.

About 1m 35s into the highlights video above. He doesn't move much when the penalty is taken right enough.

Turned it down due to not getting guaranteed first team football is what he told Falkirk TV. He was guaranteed a game in the second tier with us. He wouldn't even be guaranteed a game with your lot.

No doubt he is probably the best keeper we could have got to replace McGovern though, but he's miles behind him.

Miles behind McGovern? Too early for me to be comparing. We had three years of McGovern and a month of McDonald. McDonald has done little wrong so far apart from missing a cross yesterday for the first goal.

Hearts were phenomenal yesterday, why did it not go to King or Nicholson?

The Goalkeepers Union in action.

I thought that it was a nice touch actually as, you would have seen yourself yesterday, Jamie is still very popular at Hearts.

MacDonald was all over the place for our first. I'm glad we took advantage of how poor he is with crosses.

Hearts were excellent in the first half, that's the best I've seen us play for eight years. Thoroughly enjoyable. Nicolson is going to be a star.

I think he's showing great potential for a young guy with very little first team experience. Like the way he is willing to take the ball on himself if there are no options, think his positional sense is very good and he seems to be forming a good partnership with Wilson.

He isn't used to the physical side of things yet, but that'll come.

I think he's going to be brilliant for us.

He's similar age and experience to Brad McKay, look at it that way ...

Didn't realise he was that young. Definitely got a good football brain but as you say he needs to be stronger in this league/country. I'm sure I saw him going down with cramp on Saturday- a game in which he wasn't overly exerted.

Wilson has been outstanding so far this season minus his blip against Hibs.

Long may it continue. Good times at Tynie just now. What a difference a year makes.

Miles behind McGovern? Too early for me to be comparing. We had three years of McGovern and a month of McDonald. McDonald has done little wrong so far apart from missing a cross yesterday for the first goal.

And the first goal at Montrose, also from a cross.

I think he's showing great potential for a young guy with very little first team experience. Like the way he is willing to take the ball on himself if there are no options, think his positional sense is very good and he seems to be forming a good partnership with Wilson.

He isn't used to the physical side of things yet, but that'll come.

I think he's going to be brilliant for us.

He's similar age and experience to Brad McKay, look at it that way ...

Ken what I liked about Ozturk on Saturday - when the players were celebrating McGhee's goal, he made a point of seeking out Billy King, who had taken the corner, waved him over,gave him a wee cuddle, then pulled him into the group hug. Just a wee thing, but :wub: all the same.

Falkirk fans should get used to us pumping them all season long, another 3 to go.

As for MacDonald getting A man of the match he deserved it from what I heard and as a Scottish Cup Winner and player of the season 2 years in a row at a MUCH bigger club than Falkirk I think it was fitting he got what he deserved and kept the scoreline respectable.

I expect us to score 3+ goals a game if the attacking prowess was and is anything to go by.

Archived