Dumbarton v Livingston 30/8/14

cheers....I assume he's not usually that bad?

Hippolyte has achieved cult status quickly - never gives up a lost cause, has scored the winner against QOTS twice, and scored a beauty against Hearts in there Petrofac. Will probably have as many dud games as good ones though.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a very good second half! Livi didn't capitalise on having the wind in their favour in the first half, thankfully, and if the header that hit the woodwork had gone in, it might have sent the heads down.

I was very impressed with McDonald when he came on for DVT (that was deliberate) and the front men really did well in the second half when we found our pace again.

Delighted at having Kane back again. He will get icon status if he keeps playing like that.

MOTM deserved by big Andy. He did everything right today.

Pretty poor first half in which Livi looked sharper, controlled the game and could easily have been ahead just before the break.

However

The introduction of Kane at the break completely changed the dynamics if the game. Rather than the ball into the static feet if Nish with back to goal we had angled balls in behind the Livi defence for Kane and the hardworking Fleming to get onto. Both caused Livi problems throughout the second half, particularly with Kane's pace. He always manages to win something from almost every situation. What a boost it is to have him back at the Rock.

Kane will rightly take the credit for the goal but credit also to Agnew, who's lovely floated cross was just asking to be nodded home. Bonus points also to Turner who looked back to his best and McDonald who looked confident and assured after replacing Van Zanten.

Andy Graham, once again, was magnificent at the back. Made a few outstanding tackles, won plenty of headers, was very seldom caught out of position and generally led the line well. Fully deserved his MotM award.

Glad to be off the mark and now we look forward to the visit of on-form Hearts with a little less pressure and a little more confidence.

Sore one.

We were the better team all first half with Dumbarton offering absolutely no threat. Should have scored at the end when we cut them open and shot wide but still wasn't worried.

2nd half we again started well and got in on goal a few times, keeper made some good saves and we squandered a couple, Ogleby had come on at HT for Mullen who was having a stinker and played even worse. Talbot set it up for him inside the box and he had one of those shots on the turn that sparky was so good at scoring but blasted it over. That was about it for goal threats and we huffed and puffed without doing much for the last 15 mins, even when Hippolyte came on.

Dumbarton were getting shots in on goal in the closing minutes and I just had a bad feeling they were going to nick it, they looked far more threatening than us at this point, DJ had to pull off a good save when they got through on goal and they were making inroads hitting us on the break and winning balls in midfield.

In the end it was a really sore one to lose and a case of being punished for not scoring when we were well on top.

Which one was Ogleby? Genuinely can't even remember noticing him!

No9, he was honking, was offside all the time and missed a really good chance from Talbot putting it into him just inside the box.

Mullen too was terrible No20, kept falling over the ball and losing it in possession or giving it away with a pass.

Ogleby is just back from an injury so maybe a bit unfair giving him pelters, somebody shouted he was rubbish at him, hardly going to boost his confidence during a game. Hopefully he'll get back up to speed with a weeks training and our cup game next week. He was looking sharp enough before his injury.

No9, he was honking, was offside all the time and missed a really good chance from Talbot putting it into him just inside the box.

Mullen too was terrible No20, kept falling over the ball and losing it in possession or giving it away with a pass.

Ogleby is just back from an injury so maybe a bit unfair giving him pelters, somebody shouted he was rubbish at him, hardly going to boost his confidence during a game. Hopefully he'll get back up to speed with a weeks training and our cup game next week. He was looking sharp enough before his injury.

Ah right cheers

People doing the underlined does my head in, players know when they're playing badly and need encouragement not abuse.

We deserved to really win that one, bossed the first half and started the second well late goal but it's goals that count and we pretty much couldn't score to save ourselves today. We looked alright but Mullan and Ogebly were equally shit, but the other subs came on when we needed a shake up. They never offered much but Hippolyte is my new hero! But all credit to Dumbarton they struggled along, and soaked up everything we threw at them and got the goal, good header.

We deserved to really win that one, bossed the first half and started the second well late goal but it's goals that count and we pretty much couldn't score to save ourselves today. We looked alright but Mullan and Ogebly were equally shit, but the other subs came on when we needed a shake up. They never offered much but Hippolyte is my new hero! But all credit to Dumbarton they struggled along, and soaked up everything we threw at them and got the goal, good header.

Bit harsh to say we struggled along I think. We defended pretty well and other than the bad miss in the first half and hitting the bar in the second, I didn't think we gave too much away defensively - for a change!!! Actually thought we created more in the 2nd half than your team did in the first half (with the wind advantage) and just edged it on the chances created.

Bit harsh to say we struggled along I think. We defended pretty well and other than the bad miss in the first half and hitting the bar in the second, I didn't think we gave too much away defensively - for a change!!! Actually thought we created more in the 2nd half than your team did in the first half (with the wind advantage) and just edged it on the chances created.

I'd agree with this. In the 1st half don't forget Nish had a free header 6 yards out which he missed. Don't remember Rogers having a difficult save to make whereas Jamieson made a few very good stops.

That's fair to say. No offence, I just meant you fought through during our spells and yeah when you had the ball you played well. I still think we were the better side but you can only judge a team on goals and we never took our chances.

Archived