Dumbarton v Livingston 30/8/14

Thought Kane made a huge difference when he came on, exactly what we've needed. Don't think Nish had a bad game at all up until that point and would've been happy to see Kane partner either him or Fleming.

First half was shaded slightly by Livi but they created nothing, 2nd half I actually thought we were clearly the better team, especially the last 20 mins or so. We created plenty of good chances and on another day Kane could've had a hattrick.

It's extremely satisfying to see us playing well again back to what we're used to. Good to see Turner looking a lot sharper in the second half and Gils put in a great shift (as always). Only player I thought had a bit of a stinker was Megginson but I'm confident he'll pick it back up for the Hertz. Andy Graham was unreal, fully deserved that motm award, clean sheet and aw that.

I went for my post match pint yesterday fucking DELIGHTED.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cut our wages and let him go, brilliant decision, same with Toni Andreu. Prob would've made the top 4 last season if we'd kept both of them.

Should've kept them and signed a couple more and you would have won the title.

I think there may be a reason why you keep cutting the wage budget. You're on your arse financially.

Should've kept them and signed a couple more and you would have won the title.

I think there may be a reason why you keep cutting the wage budget. You're on your arse financially.

A Cowdenbeath fan commenting on a livi thread. - Say it ain't so...

Thought Kane made a huge difference when he came on, exactly what we've needed. Don't think Nish had a bad game at all up until that point and would've been happy to see Kane partner either him or Fleming.

First half was shaded slightly by Livi but they created nothing, 2nd half I actually thought we were clearly the better team, especially the last 20 mins or so. We created plenty of good chances and on another day Kane could've had a hattrick.

It's extremely satisfying to see us playing well again back to what we're used to. Good to see Turner looking a lot sharper in the second half and Gils put in a great shift (as always). Only player I thought had a bit of a stinker was Megginson but I'm confident he'll pick it back up for the Hertz. Andy Graham was unreal, fully deserved that motm award, clean sheet and aw that.

Think you were watching a different game from me.

There was no shading in it, we dominated the first half and should've been at least two goals up.

There was no shading in it, we dominated the first half and should've been at least two goals up.

Keep telling yourself that broski and it may seem like the truth.

You created the square root of f**k all, Rodgers barely had a save to make. Just because you had more possession doesn't mean you 'dominated', we were happy to let you fanny about with it and not take advantage of having the wind at your back.

Over the course of the game we were the better team and deserved to win.

Keep telling yourself that broski and it may seem like the truth.

You created the square root of f**k all, Rodgers barely had a save to make. Just because you had more possession doesn't mean you 'dominated', we were happy to let you fanny about with it and not take advantage of having the wind at your back.

Over the course of the game we were the better team and deserved to win.

Nonsense, we cut you open just before HT and with just the keeper to beat we put it past the post. Before that we had several other chances, Glen had a free header from a cross too. 2nd half it was more even but even then we had a couple of decent chances and did everything but score, we should have had it stitched up before Dumbarton came back into the game in the last 20 mins.

Over the course of the game you came into it in the last 20 mins and opened us up 3 or 4 times, in that spell you were the better team and got your win because we failed to take our chances when we were on top. Can't argue with you deserving it as we couldn't score and you did, but your account is way off.

Nonsense, we cut you open just before HT and with just the keeper to beat we put it past the post. Before that we had several other chances, Glen had a free header from a cross too. 2nd half it was more even but even then we had a couple of decent chances and did everything but score, we should have had it stitched up before Dumbarton came back into the game in the last 20 mins.

Over the course of the game you came into it in the last 20 mins and opened us up 3 or 4 times, in that spell you were the better team and got your win because we failed to take our chances when we were on top. Can't argue with you deserving it as we couldn't score and you did, but your account is way off.

Christ.

Have to agree to disagree here. Maybe take off the amber tinted specs. I can remember 1 singular clear cut opportunity that you should've scored, other than that we were comfortable.

Christ.

Have to agree to disagree here. Maybe take off the amber tinted specs. I can remember 1 singular clear cut opportunity that you should've scored, other than that we were comfortable.

In the first half lets not also forget Nish had to great chances for us (the header about 5 yards out and the one where he couldn't get his feet in order) Livi were better in the first half but not by much and Danny barely had a save of not to make.

We were far better for the entirety of the second half than they were.

We broke through and should have opened the scoring pretty much straight from kickoff - Glen also had a free header that he should have scored from but he put it over the bar (whilst under far less pressure than Kane was, incidentally) , and he was put through on goal and dragged his shot wide. I wouldn't call those three chances alone, "f**k all".

You were the better team in the second half though, no arguments from me there.

Sons were no better in the first half today than they have been all season. They just couldn't find a pass and Livi must be kicking themselves that they didn't have the game finished by half time. Rogers made several saves and the miss just before the interval was shocking. I agree that Nish didn't have a particularly bad game but Kane's running just gave the midfield so many more options. He can make an average pass look good and just seems to suit our preferred style of play. I thought Agnew was our best midfielder again but at least Turner and Gilhaney came on to a better game in the second half. Despite the clean sheet the defence still looked ropey at times, not helped by having Linton on the right hand side when he clearly can't use his right foot. Great morale booster to get the win though and that should stop the confidence dropping further .

I actually agree with you for the most part, nish putting a shift in, and almost scoring, Flemings effort was amazing but never won a header, rogers did make two good saves in the first half, injuring himself in the process, kane was awesome, as was graham and turner, but I didn't think mitch was as poor as made out, and gils has been better, but nice to get the three points at last

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it. There is no point playing high balls to Nish, he doesn't win anything in the air. Play the ball to his feet and he'll be far more effective.

FWIW I thought he was pretty poor yesterday but Gaz didn't have a great first half either in fairness.

By Nish's league appearances so far this season, yesterday was his best by quite a distance, mainly because the other performances have been honking.

I would say he was very good vs Hibs in the cup. Not great yesterday but considerably better than vs Raith, Rangers and QoS.

Ehhh?

You had one clear chance at the end, one from white also, we had Nish chance. You had most of the ball granted, but couldn't really cut us open.

Delighted for the lads to finally get some points on the board. The effort in the last 20mins was exceptional. Andy Graham, CT and wee Kano all the star performers but brilliant team effort all round.

Agree with other posters though Livvy will be kicking themselves for not being out of sight at half time.

Roll on the Hertz!

I think we rode our luck in the first half. I was delighted to go in at 0-0 and felt that had Livi put that chance away the second half might have been a real struggle. Andy Graham was immense, Turner was (almost) back to his old self and it was great seeing Kane do his stuff. His introduction transformed the game. He took less than 45 minutes to do what Nish has failed to do in seven starts. He's a firecracker of a forward with that bustling style and fantastic ability to take defenders on in a limited space. I'm mystified why he can't get a start at St Johnstone, he'd get into any team in the Championship. Please Ian, lets start against Hearts with Fleming and Kane and at least give their defence an early work out.

4-4-2 is clearly our best option and the second half on Saturday proved that needn't involve conceding goals.

Well done to Scott Linton for putting in a good shift in an unfamiliar position.

Archived