Who is the biggest w****r in Management? / The Sean Dyche Thread

Holloway making a determined attempt to contribute to this thread.

Last week, he moans that Millwall fans are mistreated as they are "just the same as anyone else".

This week, they riot at Rotherham.

Gollum's response was that he "didn't see it" and in any case is just "a football manager".

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bully Wee Villa, on 28 Feb 2015 - 20:01, said:

Holloway making a determined attempt to contribute to this thread.

Last week, he moans that Millwall fans are mistreated as they are "just the same as anyone else".

This week, they riot at Rotherham.

Gollum's response was that he "didn't see it" and in any case is just "a football manager".

For as much as I enjoyed Holloway's Blackpool reign, the guy is an absolute fucking arsehole. Easily one of the biggest wankers in management.

This will no doubt generate some seethe, but was talking about last nights games with guys at work today and we somehow ended up talking about player of the year. Someone said Hazard, someone said Cazorla and someone said Harry Kane. Think De Gea got mentioned too.

Still a few weeks to go yet, but for me at this stage its got to be John Terry.

John Terry as POTY?

B9z87ERIQAEUWPs.jpg

Pearson is worse for me though. He's clearly lost the plot after the incident with James McArthur and his presser after the Villa game.

If he were chocolate he'd eat himself as well.

I really hope Villa get relegated. I've no idea why the English media think he is so good.

I really hope Villa get relegated. I've no idea why the English media think he is so good.

I can only imagine he gets the drinks in. There is literally no other reason why every football hack in England gets moist over him given his record, and the ego he has attached to it is staggering. It will indeed be fun seeing him taking Villa down, they deserve him.

I can only imagine he gets the drinks in. There is literally no other reason why every football hack in England gets moist over him given his record, and the ego he has attached to it is staggering. It will indeed be fun seeing him taking Villa down, they deserve him.

'Every football hack'? This isn't the case at all. I was quite surprised to see a few ago 'hacks' lining up to have a pop at him over his record and questioning how he has earned this job, similar comments on The Times podcast and Football Weekly.

There is certainly a strange amount of talk around him given he's done f**k all, I guess he has good PR, he's English and he's always saying something so Is good for a quote.

'Every football hack'? This isn't the case at all. I was quite surprised to see a few ago 'hacks' lining up to have a pop at him over his record and questioning how he has earned this job, similar comments on The Times podcast and Football Weekly.

There is certainly a strange amount of talk around him given he's done f**k all, I guess he has good PR, he's English and he's always saying something so Is good for a quote.

He's Harry Redknapp Mk II.

He's Harry Redknapp Mk II.

Redknapp, while something less than the saviour of English football, has had an extremely long career in management with several very notable high points. Why Sherwood gets his press without any such achievements is the question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32065909

Dyche, as straight down the line as he appears to the outside world, says the course is about "adding to your toolkit" and is a firm advocate.

He told BBC Sport: "I think there are a lot of things you pick up such as process, psychology, language skills, organisation. I don't necessarily mean the tactical framework of a side but how you operate as a staff, how you manage.

"There was a time, particularly when I was a younger player, where often a coach or a manager came from playing and more or less got given the keys. It was almost like 'you're manager now'.

"Chief executives and boards now are asking 'what have you done, what have you put in place for the next part of your career?'

"It shows people you are a serious campaigner, you want to be taken seriously."

Archived