Kilwinning Rangers Season 14/15

Scotlad

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic season for the Buffs scoring over 100 league goals and reaching the final of the West of Scotland Cup, congratulations on getting to the final and let's hope you can bring the cup back to Ayrshire.

There wasn't a breeze yesterday and the amount of times the ball was over hit and ended in the compost heap behind the goals was piss poor.

Spoke to a Wishaw player at half time, he summed it up, " pish poor and not a bit of footy played". High balls were easily mopped up by the Rangers defence.

Tired and devoid of ideas, not until the treble substitution did they start to cause problems.

I'd give the Kilwinning goalie MOTM , hadn't much to do but did it well. Marshalled his back line superbly. Good luck in the final.

Managed to take in this game yesterday. Missed first 10min or so but I thought it was a bit of a let down. It felt as though neither team knew it was a semi final and lacked the will to win.

After the first goal I had hoped it would turn into a decent cup tie but that never happened. Wishaw looked tired. The second goal wrapped it up and I thought the changes for Wishaw ( 2 possibly 3 subs ) came far too late to have any impact. Perhaps they weren't full fit hence leaving it so late.

Kilwinning never really looked like a cup winning side either and to be honest if I was an Arthurlie fan I wouldnt seen anything to worry about in the final.

Jusy my opinion. No offence to either team intended.

I went along as a neutral, with a leaning towards Wishaw as being my 'local' team. I can't agree with your summary.

Wishaw keeper was much the busier in a dull first half. Wishaw tired after the penalty which allowed Kilwinning to play some nice stuff. They have two or three very skilful players. I thought Wishaw keeper, who is not the biggest did very well on the day apart from the 3rd when he flapped at the corner. Good distribution.

I thought Wishaw became too frustrated with the ref, particularly the No 4, instead of focussing on getting back into it. Wishaw actually had 3 really good chances which were hit straight at the keeper.

Credit to Wishaw for getting this far and, by all accounts deservedly beating Pollok, who must have fancied their chances to go all the way, with nothing else to play for at this stage of the season.

Managed to take in this game yesterday. Missed first 10min or so but I thought it was a bit of a let down. It felt as though neither team knew it was a semi final and lacked the will to win.

After the first goal I had hoped it would turn into a decent cup tie but that never happened. Wishaw looked tired. The second goal wrapped it up and I thought the changes for Wishaw ( 2 possibly 3 subs ) came far too late to have any impact. Perhaps they weren't full fit hence leaving it so late.

Kilwinning never really looked like a cup winning side either and to be honest if I was an Arthurlie fan I wouldnt seen anything to worry about in the final.

I have seen kilwinning recently v two top league sides, they didn't look intimidated at all, caught cold first half v Hurlford, but turned it round 2nd half, cruised it against Beith, I would have taken in the wishy game (not far from me) but for the better half, long weekend! should make the final, hoping for a good open attacking match. Arthurlie do seem to turn up in cup ties, sneaky feeling Kilwinning will edge it.

Hate to say I told you so but there you go.

Archived