Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle - 30/08/14

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the SPFL youtube highlights on a proxy, we couldn't have complained if that was 5-0. Barring any further signings I'd be looking to drop Bannigan and pull Stevenson back into midfield.

Bannigan really was dreadful today. I'd agree with moving Stevenson into midfield.

Terrible game that we won.

That's about all there is to report.

Bring on the other weegie c***s next.

Must have watched a different game from me, that was easily Aberdeen best league performance of the season. I would say the first 10 to 15 minutes we was dreadful after that we could have won by 4 or 5. But we did play some good stuff especially in the 2nd half

Just watched the SPFL youtube highlights on a proxy, we couldn't have complained if that was 5-0. Barring any further signings I'd be looking to drop Bannigan and pull Stevenson back into midfield.

Bannigan and Fraser are wildly overrated for me. There was games last season where along with Craigen we were just totally bullied with them in the middle. When we take a doing they are at the centre of it. They have good games, but a lot of poor ones too and I honestly think they are at their level with us. I'd be surprised to see them do any better than get a slightly more established club at this level like a Motherwell.

If I'm Banzo I just stick with us then cream off some testimonial money in a few years time.

Bannigan and Fraser are wildly overrated for me. There was games last season where along with Craigen we were just totally bullied with them in the middle. When we take a doing they are at the centre of it. They have good games, but a lot of poor ones too and I honestly think they are at their level with us. I'd be surprised to see them do any better than get a slightly more established club at this level like a Motherwell.

If I'm Banzo I just stick with us then cream off some testimonial money in a few years time.

It's hardly surprising that Fraser who has just turned 20 and has played less than 50 games in his entire career is inconsistent. You may turn out to be right but he has been very good on occasion this season, was by far our best player in pre-season and is probably the only one in our squad I'd like to think could go on to much better things.

Having the midfield 3 should mean we don't get bullied as often but Bannigan in particular is incredibly frustrating in the new system as he's been given more license to go forward only to continually turn back on himself and passes it sideways when there are options in front of him. I'd agree with those who say to drop him to bring Doolan in.

Think that's a bit harsh, Bannigan was very good in some games last year and is still only 21, and I think Fraser has got great potential but will be a bit inconsistent until he gets a full season at first team level. His performance against County, even allowing for how shite they were, was one of the best I've seen in ages. I do agree that as a combination they're a bit powderpuff which is why Osman is needed, although he was poor again yesterday as he was against Hamilton. I'd say as it stands our best team with everyone fit is:

Gallacher

McMillan Balatoni Seaborne Carroll

Osman Fraser

Lawless Stevenson Higginbotham

Doolan

Although it is encouraging to read in the OS match reaction Archie is still looking for a couple, one of whom will presumably be Eccleston and a wide player as Lawless / Elliott are only going to ever be bit part players at this level- Elliott does seem to be one of these guys who is much better as a sub.

Carroll looked OK yesterday, certainly not a like for like swap for ATS, and if he and McMillan are playing then there'll be a lot less bombing forward.

Grim stuff. Totally battered.

Archie needs to go.

You jest, though he does need to work out why he's one of the best Thistle defenders in living memory yet there are times his squads couldn't keep weans out of a close.

Just seen the Aberdeen 2nd goal for the first time since being at the game yesterday.

Really poor goal to concede, it's nowhere near the corner of goal.

Link

Good to see the SPFL sending up a whole one camera. Amazing that we got to half time at 0-0 with the amount of pinballs in the box.

Went to this as a neutral, average game lit up by two cracking goals.

Firstly Aberdeen look dangerous when they get it wide and support, some excellent cross balls first half whilst Thistle offered nothing.couple of good stops by Gall.

After going behind Thistle were better but seriously lack up front. Any half decent movement seemed to open Aberdeen up around the box.

Could/should O'Donnell play as a winger?

he definitely could and would offer Mcmillan a lot of cover. its just how do you fit everyone into the team? who gets dropped and what formation but its an interesting thought.

Us Weegies only live in Aberdeen to educate you lot.

If you wish to educate us, you should have written "We Weegies etc, etc."

Not sure about that. He might be over 6ft tall.

^^^Needs-educated-type-post IMHO

Archived