BT's advert there..

I understand that perfectly. It's not offensive.

Let's spin that round. Take a nearby town to Berwick. Alnwick for example. How would you feel if when conversing with someone they said "I fancied moving to the area. It was a choice between Berwick and Alnwick. I chose Alnwick because I like to live in a town that's not a fetid shithole."

I suppose you'd be delighted with that?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that perfectly. It's not offensive.

The underlying implication is offensive. It would be similar to me saying that you cannot comprehend why this is offensive because, as an English person, you are too fucking stupid to understand.

Not that I am saying that you are stupid just because you are English. I think there are probably other reasons as well. :lol:

Like so many No voters, you really struggle with basic comprehension.

The #patroninsingBTlady said that, without any reasoning whatsoever, she was voting No because she didn't want to gamble her kids welfare. The logical conclusion to be inferred from that is that Yes voters are more than happy to gamble with their kids welfare.

It's not difficult.

So too did Blair McDougall.

Some of those memes :lol:

Utter car crash for the BT campaign. Who the f**k green lights this garbage?

I think BT have been liaising with Hibs on how things 'can go forward'.

OH, the memes... oxygen of publicty? Maybe not....

Bv__KTICIAA_2FU.png

The underlying implication is offensive. It would be similar to me saying that you cannot comprehend why this is offensive because, as an English person, you are too fucking stupid to understand.

Not that I am saying that you are stupid just because you are English. I think there are probably other reasons as well. :lol:

Nothing like that. It's like the Tories saying before the general election that anyone voting Labour is risking the economy. Not offensive in the slightest, true or not.

Taken from elsewhere. Sums it up fairly well.

"The No Thanks advert isn't the best, agreed, but it could have been scripted by Joss Whedon, directed by Ridley Scott, starring Leonardo Di Caprio & Scarlet Johansson... Had Steven Spielberg & Martin Scorsese as Executive Producers and still taken the same amount of criticism by the Yessers... They just object to anything not agreeing with their cause..."

"The No Thanks advert isn't the best, agreed, but it could have been scripted by Joss Whedon, directed by Ridley Scott, starring Leonardo Di Caprio & Scarlet Johansson... Had Steven Spielberg & Martin Scorsese as Executive Producers and still taken the same amount of criticism by the Yessers... They just object to anything not agreeing with their cause..."

Come off it, its not just the YES voters that have criticised it.

Straw clutching

It's an utterly appalling advert that really sums up the entire BT campaign. This is a movement that's singlehandedly managed to bewilder, isolate and ultimately lose so many formerly staunch 'No's' like myself.

That they are now in a position where this might potentially be a close fought vote is indicative of just how disgustingly awful their campaign and vision for Scotland has been.

f**k them.

Nothing like that. It's like the Tories saying before the general election that anyone voting Labour is risking the economy. Not offensive in the slightest, true or not.

Yes because people questioning your political beliefs is EXACTLY the same as people calling into question how flippantly you regard your family's safety.

Jesus.

I love how touchy the naysayers are these days.

Tick tock, friggers.

If you ignore the fact that almost everyone thinks it was a crock of shite, including the majority of no voters(Going by the reaction on social media), then maybe this would only be a wee bit wrong.

There are more people making their minds up over this video than I've witnessed for anything else.

ANYONE that defends it is either blinkered or a numpty.

Oh dear, point spectacularly missed.

Do you need a hankie?

I'm probably one of the few fans who wouldn't mind the move tbh. Scottish football is dying. This referendum won't have anything to do with it though.

Right. I suppose bumping along in the northern league or the third division isn't much different. I guess your games would be more local so probably a good incentive.

And in the same fashion the British Nationalists could have posted a steaming turd with the caption 'Scotland post Independence' for 2 and a half minutes and some would have still defended it.

Archived