Worried about the vote credibility.

Polarcola

By f**k this is desperation taken to a new level.

We are not desperate, we will win this, if I was desperate I'd be on Twatter or some other medium hiding.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite the opposite. I feel the desperation is firmly with the current government over this referendum.

That has been very clear to all.

I simply have always found this polling situation and the 50 percent threshold rather interesting.

also the prequestioning was widely discredited and Yes only lead by 1%

Aren't you surprised that an outlier hasn't presented itself recently, I am, if you were constantly asking a different 1000 people you'd expect some strange results now and then, that hasn't happened here, the outliers have usually been accompanied by a new methodology.

Aren't you surprised that an outlier hasn't presented itself recently, I am, if you were constantly asking a different 1000 people you'd expect some strange results now and then, that hasn't happened here, the outliers have usually been accompanied by a new methodology.

The outliers are when Yes is under 40 or higher than 45 (DKs excluded)

Also it's not a different 1000 every time. You get a measure of swings etc if you repeat poll samples

The outliers are when Yes is under 40 or higher than 45 (DKs excluded)

No,that would only be correct if the 3% margin of error was correct, it's not, that's the best case scenario, as we have nothing to judge this against it would be silly to assume that all these polls are near the best case scenario.

Also it's not a different 1000 every time. You get a measure of swings etc if you repeat poll samples

That's the reply I was hoping for.

These polls are only representative of a small subset of society, political busybodies.

Exactly Ayrmad

So agenda to what end?

There doesn't even need to be an agenda, the pollsters won't have any idea what methodologies are right or wrong 'til they dissect the result.

It's awfully difficult to mess up the sampling on an exit poll. If the polls really are biased towards No then that'll be revealed during exit polling. If exit polling doesn't strongly correlate with the actual outcome I'd be very surprised.

I don't really think outright vote fraud is going to take place. Every single other dirty trick will be employed until the minute the polls shut though.

The Yes campaign commissioned a poll a couple of weeks ago.

It had no infront.

Are they lying to you too?

The reason no has been ahead in every single poll is simple. No is ahead in reality.

Tick

By f**k this is desperation taken to a new level.

Tock

I don't blame people who say, "Take your own pen", rather than using the provided pencils. I was gobsmacked that it was pencils and not pens at my polling place for the EU elections.

If the count is as tightly secure as is being made out on here then it won't matter. But it's just something to think about.

Jesus Christ.

It's pencils. WTF!!!!

Are they serious

It's ridiculous.

You don't have to use them, but their reasoning for having pencils instead of pens is pretty ropey to say the least. In this day and age it's bizarre.

Overall, you have to trust it will all be above board, otherwise why bother ever voting?

A message to anyone voting (regardless of persuasion): Do not give them ANY excuse to reject your vote. Mark the cross within the box (without any of it going outside the boundaries), check with the people at the desk that it's folded to their liking, follow all the instructions on your postal voting stuff to the letter etc.

I was talking to an English friend who was up in Edinburgh for the Fringe last week. He said the question of the referendum came up at a few shows and he noticed something interesting. When audiences were asked to shout out their preferences, the Yes voters noticeably outnumbered those shouting No. However, if a show of hands was asked for, the No voters outnumbered the Yes by about four to one.

Then I read here of Yes voters saying they rarely encounter a No voter and I wonder if there's a reason for that.

After the constant dirty tricks of the government MPs in their Better Together campaign, together with the obvious media bias, together with the strange and less than representative polling results, how can Scots be sure the actual vote will be correctly counted and 100 percent transparent. ?

The polls are accurate. Just because you don't want to believe you make excuses. The result will most likely be NO, get used to it.

The Yes types that actually expect to win are hilarious because there is very little evidence. Put your money where your mouth is.

Rather than put it on a bet I have done over the last few years, through crowdfunding, membership of Jimmy Reid Foundation, subscribing to NewsnetScotland, attending fundraising events, doubling my contribution to the SNP membership, etc..

Have you put your money where your mouth is? Or are you just a sad internet troll? (that's a rhetorical question)

Archived