PM: More powers for Scotland 'soon'

Confidemus

Percentage of the national vote is nothing to do with number of seats won. The Libs will get a hammering but they have plenty of safe seats. UKIP could get double the popular vote of the Lib Dems and win 40 seats less than them. That's how FPTP works.

You have lost this argument, you either haven't got a clue how FPTP works or you're playing stupid to for your agenda. Probably the latter.

The Liberal Democrats are going to have more MPs than UKIP after the general election and that's a fact. Heck, I'd even rate the SNP's chances at becoming the third party higher than UKIP's, because I think the SNP would win nearly every seat in Scotland after a Yes vote.

Why not put in print a list of specific changes that will be made quoting exactly what powers will be devolved and the timescale to implement the changes in the event of a No vote? While at the same time putting in place an agreement that if the stated powers are not devolved in full by the end of said time period, Scotland can have another vote on independence?

That would work.

Yup, if the Bitters win and the powers are not devolved, then it'll clearly be Salmond's fault for being fat.

Don't forget his old wife.

Why not put in print a list of specific changes that will be made quoting exactly what powers will be devolved and the timescale to implement the changes in the event of a No vote? While at the same time putting in place an agreement that if the stated powers are not devolved in full by the end of said time period, Scotland can have another vote on independence?

That would work.

They cannot do this for the simple reason that they have no intention of devolving more powers than is already being implemented through the Scotland Act 2012. In fact I would think that they hope the electorate is stupid enough to think that when these take effect that they are some new powers that we got as a result of the watery promises being made just now.

They cannot do this for the simple reason that they have no intention of devolving more powers than is already being implemented through the Scotland Act 2012. In fact I would think that they hope the electorate is stupid enough to think that when these take effect that they are some new powers that we got as a result of the watery promises being made just now.

We all know that to be the case. I just like stating the obvious solution in blunt terms, in the hope that some people might actually question why it won't be done.

Not forgetting they have Section 29 of the Scotland Act, meaning that if the jocks get ideas above their station with their paltry new powers, they just step in and bitchslap us back down.

After all, a No vote would be an open invitation to do what they hell they want with us, because we wouldn't have the bottle to think for ourselves.

Archived