Arbroath vs East Fife

All part of the grand plan!!!

First few minutes Linn ripped a few guys down the right won a free kick and McBride hit the bar then after that the pair of them may aswell of just walked off the park!!! Honestly never seen Linn that bad especially when he's been so so good. Crawford threw the 2nd one in the net after McBride fannying about with it. Just looked so slow to everything today all over the park when the last 4 games we've looked the much sharper team. Bad day at the office all round today which is disappointing. The keeper for you guys pulled off 3 superb saves. Especially the one from Carreiro. Who was the positive from today in my opinion he looks like he'll make a big impact. Murray and Carreiro will be on from the start next week no doubt. Can't win them all..... :lol:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, it's pish how our manager identified your strongest player and successfully had him in his back pocket. Tactics eh, who'd of thought it!

Comfortable. Walker strolled it in the center and Smith and Fash were a handful. Good to see Cook back. Our bench showed the strength and depth that we now have, Barr, Brown, McShane, Cook and Campbell.

8)

The Arbroath bubble burst today by a solid looking East Fife.The first half was a totally forgettable affair with neither side looking like scoring and up 'till the Fifers scored it was looking like much the same in the second half but once East Fife did score they started to have the edge and got a second courtesy of two individual errors from Mcbride (thinking he was still playing for East Fife and giving away possession) and the Arbroath keeper palming a shot into the net,Arbroath got a bit of a head of steam up in the last ten minutes but it just wasn't happening today although the Fifers keeper had one world class save that had to be seen to be believed.So overall the Fifers deserved to win and will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.Bad day for us but still a good start to the season sitting second

Very pleasing. Didn't make this one so can't comment on performance but certainly didn't expect to come away with all three points and a clean sheet, especially after seeing the team sheet with 6 defenders in the starting 11!

Good to see that Linn was in Naysmith's pocket all game. No surprise that the rest of our ex-players were pish though. Hopefully these two wins on the bounce are the start of a run for us and there's certainly no reason we can't win our next few games too.

Mon The Fife!

Terrific second half performance from us today but I'm scratching my head at the Arbroath team selection as their first two subbies were easily their best players.

For us Walker, Campbell and McAleer (second half) were good. Man of the match for me goes to the Gaffer. First game for around 8 months as well. A class act...

Terrific second half performance from us today but I'm scratching my head at the Arbroath team selection as their first two subbies were easily their best players.

For us Walker, Campbell and McAleer (second half) were good. Man of the match for me goes to the Gaffer. First game for around 8 months as well. A class act...

Expect Carreiro and Murray to start next week v Clyde. I still actually think we look like a good team, we just weren't at the races AT ALL today!

Most disappointing thing about the whole game wasn't our ex Fife players going into hiding or the fact we looked sluggish but the fact that we got beat by a team who had a boy with a haircut as bad as that number 19s! :lol:

I thought he was their best defender by a mile! Infact both their loan signings looked good - Liam Smith from Hearts and 19, Jonathon Page from Dunfermline.

The Arbroath bubble burst today by a solid looking East Fife.The first half was a totally forgettable affair with neither side looking like scoring and up 'till the Fifers scored it was looking like much the same in the second half but once East Fife did score they started to have the edge and got a second courtesy of two individual errors from Mcbride (thinking he was still playing for East Fife and giving away possession) and the Arbroath keeper palming a shot into the net,Arbroath got a bit of a head of steam up in the last ten minutes but it just wasn't happening today although the Fifers keeper had one world class save that had to be seen to be believed.So overall the Fifers deserved to win and will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.Bad day for us but still a good start to the season sitting second

Not too sure about the "bubble burst" comment. We looked rusty today and the "international" break hasn't done us any favours IMO. Prior to that we were a lot sharper than today. It will have shown the players and the boss that we are still a work in progress and we need all 11 on the park to keep the standard previously set. A tale of 2 keepers as well, no matter what we had tried today, the fifers keeper would have saved it or deflected it over the bar or round the post. He had one of those days and Crawford a different kind of day. We certainly didn't deserve to win this but had luck been with us we might have sneaked a draw. Their keeper had at least 2 "world class" saves and a few other decent stops. Saying that credit must go to the fifers who nullified Bobby Linn today and on that performance you wonder why they aren't up their at the top with ourselves and the Rovers.

I thought he was their best defender by a mile! Infact both their loan signings looked good - Liam Smith from Hearts and 19, Jonathon Page from Dunfermline.

Some good photos there! Do Arbroath do any kind of highlights package? Don't think the EFtv team were there today!

Thought East Fife deserved the victory today, they adjusted their game to cope with Arbroath. IMO Page made a huge difference and defended very well, Naisy after initial 5minutes strolled through it and read the game fantastically, Liam Smith for a young kid looks very good prospect always looking to play into the right areas, and defended very well both CFs looked dangerous and Fraser looked composed and looked to play the ball on the deck from midfield, couple of players need to tidy up their general game in keeping it simple and playing on the deck. Arbroath second half subs looked decent and dangerous. Plaudits to Fleming, ball at feet, needs work, shot stopping different class !!

Archived