Arbroath vs East Fife

Not too sure about the "bubble burst" comment. We looked rusty today and the "international" break hasn't done us any favours IMO. Prior to that we were a lot sharper than today. It will have shown the players and the boss that we are still a work in progress and we need all 11 on the park to keep the standard previously set. A tale of 2 keepers as well, no matter what we had tried today, the fifers keeper would have saved it or deflected it over the bar or round the post. He had one of those days and Crawford a different kind of day. We certainly didn't deserve to win this but had luck been with us we might have sneaked a draw. Their keeper had at least 2 "world class" saves and a few other decent stops. Saying that credit must go to the fifers who nullified Bobby Linn today and on that performance you wonder why they aren't up their at the top with ourselves and the Rovers.

The bubble burst comment was just referring to the end of our 100% winning start to the season,up untill East Fife scored there was nothing between the teams and i think whoever scored first was going to win this one.The Fifers had done there homework on us though, and i found myself hoping the haar that was coming in was going to get bad enough for an abandonment when we were 2 down :lol: .Still feeling optimistic for the rest of the season though plenty highs and lows to come.Couldn't get one of the new look programmes yesterday,any good?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A totally unexpected 3 points! To keep a clean sheet and score 2 away to league leaders is a great result, wish I went now. Pleasing to here that Linn wasn't in the game, no doubt when things were not going his way he would have fell out game completely, he was good at that when he was with us!

Hopefully we can take a lot of confidence from last 2 games and can kick on and get out this league, I'll certainly not get carried away though. Mon the Fife

Nice wee double, stuck a pony on East Fife to win at 3/1 and Smith to score anytime 7/2!!!

Did it at work on Friday and left the bloody slip in my desk, ah well, bookies are open on Mondays as well and I would have only spent it!!!

Cheers Smokies, but to be honest it was a bit of a banker, as no matter how pish we are, we always seem to beat you!!! ;)

The bubble burst comment was just referring to the end of our 100% winning start to the season, Couldn't get one of the new look programmes yesterday,any good?

The new prog is very well put together and there is a post on the Mad site from the administrator asking for thoughts and suggestions for future issues. A nice 1st edition that will improve in the coming games I hope. Agree that the game was always going to turn on the 1st goal and unfortunately it went against us followed by their keeper putting in one of those performances. If the players and management learn from it, it should stand us in good stead for the rest of the season. Early days tho. C'MON LICHTIES

First half was a non event.

Second half East Fife scored two goals within a period of 6 minutes .

Arbroath staged a late rally in the last 10 minutes , but East Fife's goal keeper pulled off a string on top notch saves.

Carreiro played for about 30 minutes and his passing, speed and creative football was a joy to watch - along with Linn , Shagger and Nicholl he looks set to become a fans favourite very quickly.

Was great to see people from Dundee with their ginger wigs supporting Simon Murray ( who played well when he came on as a sub ).

Hopefully Arbroath will be back on track next week against Clyde.

What hasn't been mentioned so far is that for a 10-15 minute spell after the second goal we had Arbroath on the rack. A third goal could have seen Arbroath on the wrong end of a severe hiding. As it was the Smokies rallied and Fleming's saves were absolutely crucial in securing the points.

On yesterday's game both teams should be in the mix come May, but a long, long way to go...

Carreiro played for about 30 minutes and his passing, speed and creative football was a joy to watch.

Glad to hear this. I've never seen the boy play and wondered what he would be like. Hope he does well and gains a lot of confidence from this loan spell.

Watching highlights and El Zubaidi should've gotten the 1st goal to f**k

East Fife looked strong in defence and their keeper played his best game of the whole season already... we were the opposite! Disappointed to lose against a team with little up front TBH... but the two goals we lost were horrendous, and if you give away goals like that it is an uphill struggle to avoid defeat... still 6 points ahead of the Kings of Fife, not all bad! ;)

Archived