The Arbroath Thread

Fao of any Arbroath - Are you running a bus next sat or what sort o support will you bring roughly , I might be volunteer'ng my club next week reasons. Thanks

For a normal game I would expect 100-150, at the moment I would be surprised if we got that at our home game tonight. :lol: Everybody I know is sick fed up of this utter shite we are being fed.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Manager situation aside I really hope we get a few guys signed for next season before they're gone. Little/Stoney/Stewart/Whatley/Linn have been so important last couple of seasons, id be gutted if we lost any of them. Little and Linn especially.

I'd add Fleming to that list. He's saved our bacon several games this season (pardon the butcher pun). Young Hester also surely needs to be nurtured as a future goalgetter.

Manager situation aside I really hope we get a few guys signed for next season before they're gone. Little/Stoney/Stewart/Whatley/Linn have been so important last couple of seasons, id be gutted if we lost any of them. Little and Linn especially.

I'd keep Lowdon before Stoney tbh

Agree Louden has been good recently, but I think he and Stoney alternate well and the competition is good. It's not long since we really struggled to find a left back. It didn't help when Sheerin used to go charging off all over the pitch!

Edited by timlichtie

I have to say, in the past 24 hours there has been a load of absolute fucking guff posted by my fellow Lichties online. We just won a game for the first time in two months, a good win in difficult conditions (the standard of the game was obviously terrible, no-one is disagreeing with that) where yet again we proved the current team does have a good team spirit and are together and playing for each other. Yet again we came from a goal down to get points and dug in well, instead of the head going down and just accepting defeat.

I find myself extremely embarrassed reading ridiculous comments like ‘I don’t care how we won, we’re still shite/ Lumsden out’ etc. You don’t care that we won? I’m fucking ecstatic that we won, we NEEDED that win, and it’s massive for us. How the f**k can any Arbroath fan say they don’t care we won?! As I said, it’s embarrassing reading those types of comments.

I fully appreciate that the vast majority of the fans feel Todd’s time at the club is up, personally I pretty much agree with this, but shouting about it every 5 minutes isn’t going to change anything is it? Certainly a few fans are behaving like a spoilt child who hasn’t got their way and has chucked the toys out the pram, now in the process of just repeating what they want over and over again, while stamping their feet until they get their own way. It just drags the rest of the fans down and makes things far more negative than they need to be. As I said – I fully appreciate why people feel like this, but going on about it constantly isn’t going to change anything is it? I have a crazy idea….. maybe we should try and support the team we eeeeh….. support? Crazy notion I know – certainly some AFC fans are never, EVER happy and permanently seething with players/ fans/ refs/ the board etc. but the rest of us need to stick behind the team.

It’s easy supporting a team that’s winning every week, but when you’re team are really struggling at the wrong end of the table, that’s when you see who the real fans who stick by the team/ club are. Our team need us now more than ever, and a lot of our fans are too busy posting utter drivel instead of supporting the team. Constructive criticism is one thing, but full on abuse and repeating the same old comments every few days just makes the poster look a bit of a tit IMO….

Arbroath-mad is at it's busiest it has been this year. I think since Tuesday at 9:30PM, there has been more posts in a 24 hour period than there has been for a long time. Almost every single one of those posts, coming after A WIN, is negative and criticising the team and management. That is absolutely pathetic. A lot of the team and management read this, and they're the one's we need to be performing week in week out. How do they feel when they read this pish? Do you think it motivates them to perform for the club and fans? I can assure you it doesn't, it has quite the opposite effect, so maybe folk should keep it constructive or keep it to themselves?

Edited by SimonLichtie

Can't see anybody thats said they didn't care about the fact we won to be fair, like I said its bitter sweet for me, bitter because Lumsden is still managing my club and sweet because the team and players got the 3 points.

I don't have a problem with any of the players, not one, as long as players try their best I'll not be complaining, that's good enough for me, a manager trying his best though is different if things aren't working, which they clearly haven't been.

I'll always support the team, Lumsden would have to win the champions league to get my support again though. I've had enough of it, im at the point where I've completely lost the faith in him, I feel like my clubs going nowhere.

I fully got behind Sheerin and even stuck up for Moore on here when times were tough, against the majority of folk as well, I felt like they had the ability to turn it round, they'd shown what they could do.

If fans aren't happy then I couldn't care less what they say or when they say it, it's their club at the end of the day, everybody wants us to be successful.

Eta: also can I ask what not saying anything has achieved? As far as I've seen nobody, specky aside, has been morning about the way things are all year until very very recently, which is remarkable considering. The situation has clearly taken its toll.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

And as for the players and management reading this? So f**k. If it was personal then fair enough but not if its regarding football, that's just the way it is. Hislops on here all the time, he's a Hearts fan, if Hearts were sitting at the bottom of the league and playing shite every week, embarrassing themselves in games he'd feel the same way towards Neilson..

That's just the way it is. I know you can choose to walk away at any time, after all it's only a business at the end of the day but you and I both know that's not how it works. People will still go when they're not happy, so they vent their frustrations somehow, again as long as it's constructive then I don't see the problem.

Even super fan ( lol ) Lichtie23 was on here saying 'enough is enough' on Saturday night then he was back to being super fan ( lol ) on the Berwick thread.

Fans just can't be happy clappers all the time no matter how much you want that to be the case.

Edited by 1320Lichtie