The Arbroath Thread

I can't see Todd lasting until Christmas

TWO year deal.

I spoke to you about the first half last night and you're spot on. Absolutely embarrassing, 4-0 down at half time, in a home game of such importance, against a Cowden side many are predicting to get relegated. Maybe it's a good thing we never got through to Ibrox, it could've gotten messy for us and we would be live on TV for everybody to see.

I've gave Lumsden a chance but I'm at the end of my tether in honesty, this is stinking. I can't think of many worse seasons to be honest, especially not in this division. No excuses, the last league game we won was the 17th of October, one of the four games we have won. If we didn't hit that winning patch we would be marooned at the bottom.

I know me and you will always go, and others, I've only missed 3 games all season, but there's a lot of people who've had enough of this, I fear next Tuesday's crowd at home to Berwick will be our worst for many years. It's been an atrocious 2015.

Our updated record stands at

In 2015, under Moore:

W: 1

D: 5

L: 10

Under Lumsden:

W: 6

D: 7

L: 11

6 wins from 24 games, win ratio of 25% in the bottom league! 7 wins from 40 games overall, that is mental, that's Montrose/East Stirlingshire'esque. The board has backed Lumsden extremely well, there's no excuses for this, I've been told we have the biggest budget in the league.

I can't see it changing any time soon either, next 3 games are massive and they will be anything but easy.

I have absolutely zero optimism about us just now. Furious at how last night went, thank god for Bobby Linn and Alan Fleming for making it look respectable.

I've gave Lumsden a chance but I'm at the end of my tether in honesty, this is stinking.

Aye this, I really wanted it to work for Todd and thought calls to sack him near the start were a bit stupid but really wouldn't be disappointed if I found out he'd gone now. Surely there's someone out there wanting to get into management we can take a punt on

The football this season has been pretty bad,one upfront,how long will Todd get to try and turn this around,only the board will know.There s a few manager s out there Looking for a job Danny Lennon,Grant Murray,Russell Latapy but would any of them fancy coming to Arbroath.

Most people have got behind Lumsden and gave him a chance but enough is enough. The decision to give him a 2 year deal when Moore only had 1 year is baffling. If Moore lost the dressing room and Lumsden managed not to be alienated by that he obviously wasn't backing his manager enough. Time to go or may be the Highland league for us.

Without Bobby, we will be in serious trouble!! If he goes it will more than likely result in us being relegated!!

I suspect you're not in the same ballpark of absolute shite as us. No danger you'll be relegated. It's us, or, er.....us.

The football this season has been pretty bad,one upfront,how long will Todd get to try and turn this around,only the board will know.There s a few manager s out there Looking for a job Danny Lennon,Grant Murray,Russell Latapy but would any of them fancy coming to Arbroath.

Said it already but Barry Robson or Keith Gibson would be great.

Both local, Robson was keen in the summer but he was wanting to play another season, he's barely getting a game at Aberdeen and we surely can't sink any lower than we are now. He'd also be a smashing player for us and like 78 said a presence in the middle of midfield. Might get some people back in through the gate with such an exciting signing.

Already stated my reasoning on why I would want Gibby at the club, heard so many good things about him, I also think if he was to come we'd have more chance of getting Bobby Linn signed up again as they seem to be pretty good pals.

I'd be happy to give anybody a go though with the way things are, this relegation play off spot is really starting to scare me.

The excuse that the league is very tight was reasonable up until recently, but now Todd simply HAS to mix things up. Hester deserves a chance to start a game, because neither Rutherford or Grehan has taken the opportunities they've been given. Gold for me is horrendous, he doesn't contribute nearly enough and Reid should be given a chance ahead of him. Watson is wasted in CM, where he doesn't look comfortable. Play him RB or CB where he looks assured.

The excuse that the league is very tight was reasonable up until recently, but now Todd simply HAS to mix things up. Hester deserves a chance to start a game, because neither Rutherford or Grehan has taken the opportunities they've been given. Gold for me is horrendous, he doesn't contribute nearly enough and Reid should be given a chance ahead of him. Watson is wasted in CM, where he doesn't look comfortable. Play him RB or CB where he looks assured.

I like Gold, but he needs to play through the middle. Absolutely pointless him playing out wide left or right.

We need to utilise Reid more surely if he's back fit he deserves a chance.

Anybody at RB over Wilson.

Couldn't believe how quiet it was last night at 4-0. Not too long ago it would be anarchy in the terracing if that was happening. I remember playing queen of the south at gayfield (if memory serves me right they won 3-2 and clark scored a hattrick. The season he scored loads and they won the league) but there were times where the ref never gave us decisions and everyone used to steam down the touchline if a decision went against us. We've gone soft.

Lumsden out for me. He hasn't got a change in him and proved that when he.took lowden off - who.actaully played well!.

He should have moved watson RB, wilson off, reid right wing Ramsey through the middle. We also desperately need a striker.

Edited by Angelic

Couldn't believe how quiet it was last night at 4-0. Not too long ago it would be anarchy in the terracing if that was happening. I remember playing queen of the south at gayfield (if memory serves me right they won 3-2 and clark scored a hattrick. The season he scored loads and they won the league) but there were times where the ref never gave us decisions and everyone used to steam down the touchline if a decision went against us. We've gone soft.

Lumsden out for me. He hasn't got a change in him and proved that when he.took lowden off - who.actaully played well!.

He should have moved watson RB, wilson off, reid right wing Ramsey through the middle. We also desperately need a striker.

Lowden off was baffling, you'd been just as well putting a warmed up Lowden further up to park instead of swapping him for Reid.

What you said is what should've happened.

It probably weakened us, no offence to Jamie but he was coming on with 5 minutes left, he would've needed that to get up to speed ffs let alone make more of an impact than a warmed up up to speed Lowden would've playing further forward.

Well IMO.

Eta: is there anybody who's even in the 'would be disappointed to see him go' camp, never mind the wanting him to stay one?

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Lowden off was baffling, you'd been just as well putting a warmed up Lowden further up to park instead of swapping him for Reid.

What you said is what should've happened.

It probably weakened us, no offence to Jamie but he was coming on with 5 minutes left, he would've needed that to get up to speed ffs let alone make more of an impact than a warmed up up to speed Lowden would've playing further forward.

Well IMO.

Eta: is there anybody who's even in the 'would be disappointed to see him go' camp, never mind the wanting him to stay one?

I doubt it. I really think he doesn't have a clue unfortunately. Desperately hope to be proved wrong but just can't see it turning round with the tactics he uses. Doesn't play to the squads strength enough. We seem to be a bit better away from home but it's crucial to turn gayfield into a winning ground if we want to stay in this league.

I wasn't at the game last night, but spoke to a "neutral" who was, and he thought we were as good as Cowden and could have got a result in the end. Apparently the penalty was a bit soft.

From what I've seen in recent games, the players are fully committed to this management team and showing no sign of giving up when behind. A new gaffer could easily be a complete flop, particularly an untested big name. Look how long it's taken Barry Ferguson to get to grips with the Clyde job. We are not even in a position to attract a high profile name particularly when you consider that there wasn't exactly a scramble for the job before we were at the bottom of league 2. If we are still struggling come January then it may be time to hit the panic button.

We badly need results against Queens Park and Berwick. I hate Hampden but will be there. The QP fans and social club will make a pleasant change from our most recent encounters.

I wasn't at the game last night, but spoke to a "neutral" who was, and he thought we were as good as Cowden

Did he see the first half? Absolutely embarrassed, I'm not surprised we managed to score 2 they had the game won by the 40th minute.

You go on about commitment and effort, that should be in any part time footballer regardless. They're obviously self motivated individuals to travel as much as they do to play for the money they get, that should always be there. They're putting that in for themselves more than anything, they'll have careers after Arbroath in football. They'll obviously want to give there all every game.

That isn't something to use to champion the manager, in my opinion.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Fortunately we've not been cut adrift at the foot of the table (yet) but I personally think it's time to change this system of 1 up top. At this level 2 strikers is nearly always a better option. Give hester a run, with a target man (Grehan/Rutherford)next to him. Linn down the right, Reid/Ramsey on the left whipping crosses into the box. I'd give Todd til mid Jan to pick things up, unless we lose all games left in 2015.