The Arbroath Thread

And as for the players and management reading this? So f**k. If it was personal then fair enough but not if its regarding football, that's just the way it is. Hislops on here all the time, he's a Hearts fan, if Hearts were sitting at the bottom of the league and playing shite every week, embarrassing themselves in games he'd feel the same way towards Neilson..

That's just the way it is. I know you can choose to walk away at any time, after all it's only a business at the end of the day but you and I both know that's not how it works. People will still go when they're not happy, so they vent their frustrations somehow, again as long as it's constructive then I don't see the problem.

Even super fan ( lol ) Lichtie23 was on here saying 'enough is enough' on Saturday night then he was back to being super fan ( lol ) on the Berwick thread.

Fans just can't be happy clappers all the time no matter how much you want that to be the case.

You really are a fucking idiot.

Will you be at the game on Saturday?

Edited by lichtie23

You really are a fucking idiot.

Will you be at the game on Saturday?

That first line is absolutely hilarious considering.

And no I fucking won't be, you'll have been at four more games than me this year now.

#superfan #wannabeSyeWebster

Eta: who is a great guy by the way, just incase he reads this. #RealFan

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I have to say, in the past 24 hours there has been a load of absolute fucking guff posted by my fellow Lichties online. We just won a game for the first time in two months, a good win in difficult conditions (the standard of the game was obviously terrible, no-one is disagreeing with that) where yet again we proved the current team does have a good team spirit and are together and playing for each other. Yet again we came from a goal down to get points and dug in well, instead of the head going down and just accepting defeat.

I find myself extremely embarrassed reading ridiculous comments like ‘I don’t care how we won, we’re still shite/ Lumsden out’ etc. You don’t care that we won? I’m fucking ecstatic that we won, we NEEDED that win, and it’s massive for us. How the f**k can any Arbroath fan say they don’t care we won?! As I said, it’s embarrassing reading those types of comments.

I fully appreciate that the vast majority of the fans feel Todd’s time at the club is up, personally I pretty much agree with this, but shouting about it every 5 minutes isn’t going to change anything is it? Certainly a few fans are behaving like a spoilt child who hasn’t got their way and has chucked the toys out the pram, now in the process of just repeating what they want over and over again, while stamping their feet until they get their own way. It just drags the rest of the fans down and makes things far more negative than they need to be. As I said – I fully appreciate why people feel like this, but going on about it constantly isn’t going to change anything is it? I have a crazy idea….. maybe we should try and support the team we eeeeh….. support? Crazy notion I know – certainly some AFC fans are never, EVER happy and permanently seething with players/ fans/ refs/ the board etc. but the rest of us need to stick behind the team.

It’s easy supporting a team that’s winning every week, but when you’re team are really struggling at the wrong end of the table, that’s when you see who the real fans who stick by the team/ club are. Our team need us now more than ever, and a lot of our fans are too busy posting utter drivel instead of supporting the team. Constructive criticism is one thing, but full on abuse and repeating the same old comments every few days just makes the poster look a bit of a tit IMO….

Arbroath-mad is at it's busiest it has been this year. I think since Tuesday at 9:30PM, there has been more posts in a 24 hour period than there has been for a long time. Almost every single one of those posts, coming after A WIN, is negative and criticising the team and management. That is absolutely pathetic. A lot of the team and management read this, and they're the one's we need to be performing week in week out. How do they feel when they read this pish? Do you think it motivates them to perform for the club and fans? I can assure you it doesn't, it has quite the opposite effect, so maybe folk should keep it constructive or keep it to themselves?

If you think Arbroath supporters are just gonna be quiet and say nothing about our current predicament you're living in cloud cuckoo land,get real, in the main Arbroath supporters are a pretty tolerant lot.

If you think Arbroath supporters are just gonna be quiet and say nothing about our current predicament you're living in cloud cuckoo land,get real, in the main Arbroath supporters are a pretty tolerant lot.

Not having a go but where do you stand at Gayf? The stuff I hear after a misplaced pass in the 2nd minute is embarrassing

Not having a go but where do you stand at Gayf? The stuff I hear after a misplaced pass in the 2nd minute is embarrassing

I get pissed off hearing the stick,but it ain't any worse than any other ground,you heard the stick Forfar get from their fans,it's unreal,I'm afraid that's what happens at football grounds no point being over sensitive about it,

I get pissed off hearing the stick,but it ain't any worse than any other ground,you heard the stick Forfar get from their fans,it's unreal,I'm afraid that's what happens at football grounds no point being over sensitive about it,

I feel that this season tho it's been really bad. Poisonous at times. Yes there are times that the players deserve the fans on their back but at times this year it's just been for the littlest of things. Bobby seems to be getting it more than anyone

I have to say, in the past 24 hours there has been a load of absolute fucking guff posted by my fellow Lichties online. We just won a game for the first time in two months, a good win in difficult conditions (the standard of the game was obviously terrible, no-one is disagreeing with that) where yet again we proved the current team does have a good team spirit and are together and playing for each other. Yet again we came from a goal down to get points and dug in well, instead of the head going down and just accepting defeat.

I find myself extremely embarrassed reading ridiculous comments like ‘I don’t care how we won, we’re still shite/ Lumsden out’ etc. You don’t care that we won? I’m fucking ecstatic that we won, we NEEDED that win, and it’s massive for us. How the f**k can any Arbroath fan say they don’t care we won?! As I said, it’s embarrassing reading those types of comments.

I fully appreciate that the vast majority of the fans feel Todd’s time at the club is up, personally I pretty much agree with this, but shouting about it every 5 minutes isn’t going to change anything is it? Certainly a few fans are behaving like a spoilt child who hasn’t got their way and has chucked the toys out the pram, now in the process of just repeating what they want over and over again, while stamping their feet until they get their own way. It just drags the rest of the fans down and makes things far more negative than they need to be. As I said – I fully appreciate why people feel like this, but going on about it constantly isn’t going to change anything is it? I have a crazy idea….. maybe we should try and support the team we eeeeh….. support? Crazy notion I know – certainly some AFC fans are never, EVER happy and permanently seething with players/ fans/ refs/ the board etc. but the rest of us need to stick behind the team.

It’s easy supporting a team that’s winning every week, but when you’re team are really struggling at the wrong end of the table, that’s when you see who the real fans who stick by the team/ club are. Our team need us now more than ever, and a lot of our fans are too busy posting utter drivel instead of supporting the team. Constructive criticism is one thing, but full on abuse and repeating the same old comments every few days just makes the poster look a bit of a tit IMO….

Arbroath-mad is at it's busiest it has been this year. I think since Tuesday at 9:30PM, there has been more posts in a 24 hour period than there has been for a long time. Almost every single one of those posts, coming after A WIN, is negative and criticising the team and management. That is absolutely pathetic. A lot of the team and management read this, and they're the one's we need to be performing week in week out. How do they feel when they read this pish? Do you think it motivates them to perform for the club and fans? I can assure you it doesn't, it has quite the opposite effect, so maybe folk should keep it constructive or keep it to themselves?

Thanks Simon. Agree with all that. I'm just disappointed that you've wound up the internal strife again just when the forum was discussing football. The atmosphere at Hampden was toxic and I think we all need to take a step back and appreciate that management, players and board are all trying to resolve our situation and need our support. The manager may not be getting it right but he is, by all accounts a decent bloke who is doing his best.

Lumsden would have to win the champions league to get my support again though.

So if we were to go on a run in the second half of this season similar to the first half of last year and end up winning the division you still wouldn't support the management? I'm not suggesting we will go on a run like that, but if we did surely you wouldn't refuse to support the manager, despite him getting results week in week out?!

I don't expect people to be quiet and say nothing about the current situation - it is piss poor. I think everyone, players, staff, board, fans would ALL agree that the situation is piss poor. I certainly don't expect the fans to stay silent, but I would expect them to at least try to support the team instead of berating them online during the week and from the terraces during the 90 minutes. It is possible to constructively criticise, or at a least not be a dick about it by abusing players who're giving their all for the club every Saturday.

Edited by SimonLichtie

Regarding Stonie/ Lowdon - I really like Stonie, but I think Lowdon has done enough to keep a place in the side in the last few weeks, and when Stonie is back fit I'd be quite interested to see Lowdon be given a few weeks on the left of midfield. He can beat a man and has a good bit of pace about him as well as a good ball into the box, and with Stonie also being a fairly attacking full back who likes to overlap, the two of them could work very well together.

I know what you mean, 3 old guys in front of me moaning from the kick off not using names but numbers 5,8 and 9 calling them f**king useless.

They forgot about the conditions which were terrible

So if we were to go on a run in the second half of this season similar to the first half of last year and end up winning the division you still wouldn't support the management? I'm not suggesting we will go on a run like that, but if we did surely you wouldn't refuse to support the manager, despite him getting results week in week out?!

I don't expect people to be quiet and say nothing about the current situation - it is piss poor. I think everyone, players, staff, board, fans would ALL agree that the situation is piss poor. I certainly don't expect the fans to stay silent, but I would expect them to at least try to support the team instead of berating them online during the week and from the terraces during the 90 minutes. It is possible to constructively criticise, or at a least not be a dick about it by abusing players who're giving their all for the club every Saturday.

If that miracle happened id get back on board with the guy. I just want something to look forward to on Saturday. At the moment it just seems like a fucking chore. Shouldn't be that way.

It's never a 'fucking chore'. Sometimes you go expecting to win. Sometimes you go expecting to lose. Either way, you're either disappointed or delighted at the final whistle.

I'm going to Cumbernauld on Saturday (weather permitting). Our league position has no bearing on that decision.

It's never a 'fucking chore'. Sometimes you go expecting to win. Sometimes you go expecting to lose. Either way, you're either disappointed or delighted at the final whistle.

I'm going to Cumbernauld on Saturday (weather permitting). Our league position has no bearing on that decision.

It is when you think we're going nowhere.

It is when you think we're going nowhere.

Really? Without any support in the next 5 months, our club will be playing at Wick & Fort William next year.

In 96/97, I went to Firs Park on the last day of the season hoping for the draw that would would stop us finishing dead last, We lost 3-0, and deserved to do so.

You've not really been through really bad times if you haven't been through anything like that. It should never a chore to follow your team, even when you expect the worst.

Really? Without any support in the next 5 months, our club will be playing at Wick & Fort William next year.

In 96/97, I went to Firs Park on the last day of the season hoping for the draw that would would stop us finishing dead last, We lost 3-0, and deserved to do so.

You've not really been through really bad times if you haven't been through anything like that. It should never a chore to follow your team, even when you expect the worst.

You're just explaining why I find it a chore here, it's a chore because Lumsden is there and I feel like we're going backwards which is frustrating.

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us and felt confident in where we were going.

It's been a downward spiral all year, it's utterly depressing.

You're just explaining why I find it a chore here, it's a chore because Lumsden is there and I feel like we're going backwards which is frustrating.

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us and felt confident in where we were going.

It's been a downward spiral all year, it's utterly depressing.

Hearts was good, Brora was a good trip, albeit we were slightly lucky, Shire away was good. That's 3 recent games, at least one of which I know you were at.

I'm no apologist for Todd, but the season isn't over yet. Believe it or not, I'm hopeful we can get at least a point on Saturday, and a further 4 or 6 in the next 2 games after that. If I'm wrong, then so be it, but every fan in this league appreciates that someone has to finish last.

If it's us, and we lose the playoff, then I'll look forward to the new grounds. Until then, however, I'll look forward to watching AFC whenever I can, and won't consider any trip to be a chore.

Hearts was good, Brora was a good trip, albeit we were slightly lucky, Shire away was good. That's 3 recent games, at least one of which I know you were at.

I'm no apologist for Todd, but the season isn't over yet. Believe it or not, I'm hopeful we can get at least a point on Saturday, and a further 4 or 6 in the next 2 games after that. If I'm wrong, then so be it, but every fan in this league appreciates that someone has to finish last.

If it's us, and we lose the playoff, then I'll look forward to the new grounds. Until then, however, I'll look forward to watching AFC whenever I can, and won't consider any trip to be a chore.

I seen you up in Brora, I was at the other 2 as well, one of the many games I've been too, missed 3, will be 4 on Saturday, and every single time I turn up I wonder why I bother when I see what we are still being subjected to.

How is it possible to have let this go on for so long?

What other club would let this ever lasting embarrassment happen in the lower leagues? 7 (?) games or something all in we have won in 2015, that's crazy.

No wonder everybody is sick fed up. At least I'm still going when I can, know many people that have packed it in while things stay the way they are, can't blame them.

I just don't understand what Simon is expecting the reaction to be to the way things are at the moment. If this was any other club in this country or any other country the fans would be behaving exactly the same way. It's football. If some people want to be happy clappers then fair enough. In the same way if some people want to moan then that's also fair enough.

If Todd starts winning games I'll be happy enough to shut my face and admit I'm wrong but right now im depressed with the way things are at the club just now and it seems to have been going on far too long for my liking.

The reality is no other club with our record would still have lumsden as manager, plenty of clubs (forfar spring to mind) who have only had a short run of bad results and parted company, some may say we're being loyal towards lumsden but iv got a feeling its more to do with the 2 year contract he was given!