The Arbroath Thread

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 17:02, Lichtie78 said:

Ricky Gomes signing/signed. Canadian international too!Id take Phillips but the priority right now has to be a centre half, Dunlop looks horrendous. On his showings so far, I'd rather have kept Munro.

Dunlop makes Andy Munro look cultured, Hamilton at the moment looks a better option at centreback and get a leftback

Wouldn't be hanging Dunlop out to dry after one pre season friendly, looks to be a big unit with a bit pace but don't think he has played much football recently. Looking forward to Friday now, will be interesting to see the starting 11.

Wouldn't be hanging Dunlop out to dry after one pre season friendly, looks to be a big unit with a bit pace but don't think he has played much football recently. Looking forward to Friday now, will be interesting to see the starting 11.

Wonder if there'll be any more signings or loans before then...

Maybe the right time to get the loans on board. Would personally like to see a decent LB come in and a 4th striker through the loan system.

The evening tele says Martin Scott, ex Ross County, Hibs, Livi and Raith midfielder, trained with us last night and may sign before the United game. I though he was a centre mid but on the Stenhousemuir thread I saw he played left wing as a trialist for them last weekend.

19 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

The evening tele says Martin Scott, ex Ross County, Hibs, Livi and Raith midfielder, trained with us last night and may sign before the United game. I though he was a centre mid but on the Stenhousemuir thread I saw he played left wing as a trialist for them last weekend.

Played as a trialist for us a a couple of weeks ago.  Didn't see the match so can't comment on his performance!

If you guys sign Liam Callaghan then you've got a decent enough player there. Would have been happy to keep him this season.

Got to be happy with Scott, should do well at our level and adds a bit more experience.

Good CV and this time last year signed by Raith scored 2 in 10 league games before going to India. Also being able to play anywhere across midfield would be a bonus.

Good write up on the games he played for both Cowden and Stenny.

Scott signed according to Tay FM I'm told!!!

Good attacking midfield player that can play right across the midfield, would imagine he'll be playing on the left!

Now... A centre half signed or on loan please and I think we're done, apart from a loan or 2

Eta: very similar to Paul Woods who chose to stay at QP.

I'd like us to sign Gary Phillips before Friday, even if it's a one month contract or something. I don't want Dunlop starting.

Aye Dunlop looks a bit off the pace this games come too soon I think. Up against a fighting fit lightning quick Murray too... :ph34r: