The Arbroath Thread

5 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Personally think the loan system is fine as long as you don't over rely on it for first team starters who are all very young which has what has happened in the past. Our loans have all been development this season but apart from sukar they have been to complement and give cover/competition in places. Even Skelly has not been guaranteed a game this season even though he has been very good in the main.
I don't think DC has relied on the loan system the same as the last 2 seasons when all the loan players seemed to be starting every game and there was better imo on the bench.
I think though a football forum is somewhere to vent your thoughts and although it sometimes appears to be negative it's mainly just expressing concerns you may or may not be correct about.
We needed cover at the back and we have that now so seems a good piece of business to me.

Spot on that man.

Nothing against the new loanee from the Dees and hope he does well when called upon but i was hoping we would get young Kerr Waddell from the Dees who is a big commanding central defender and a big Red Lichtie supporter who was desperate to come on loan to Gayfield, i did notice he was on the bench for the Dees at Pitoddrie at the weekend though!!

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

Spot on that man.
Nothing against the new loanee from the Dees and hope he does well when called upon but i was hoping we would get young Kerr Waddell from the Dees who is a big commanding central defender and a big Red Lichtie supporter who was desperate to come on loan to Gayfield, i did notice he was on the bench for the Dees at Pitoddrie at the weekend though!!

Craig Watson also started for the Accies

Good luck to the guy, a bright spark in a dismal year he was

51 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I clocked that 1, any good?
I'm no giving a f*ck about the room as much as long as the foods good.

The food is good and there is also plenty of other good food choices very close by. 

I think, going forward into next season, the one thing we really need to address is getting in a guy that can guarantee you goals. Think that's let us down big time this season, we all thought Prunty would be that man and I like him but it's not materialised that way. Lack of goals from the strikers, including Stevie had been a disappointment.

Stevie D has been fantastic though overall and still one of first names on teamsheet just now and going into next season but we're needing to find him a goal scoring partner. I would like to see the majority of this squad stay next season though it's a good group and a turn around of 4/5 tops would be fine I think.

Know that's into next season and there's still a lot of football to play this season but after looking at league table and where our goals have come from I can't help but feel we'd be better off if we had a Sutherland/Peters in the team. These guys names seem to flash up every week. What we've missed in our title challenge I think.

I agree a natural goal scorer along side doris is needed. One think i noticed yesterday is we are so light weight(never thought i would be saying that with a dick campbell team). Pushed off the ball at almost every opportunity, 2nd best in a lot of tackles and in the last 2 home games we must have had around 25 corners without scoring, a combination of a lack of height, strength & poor delivery.

I agree..the amount of corners we have is amazing...shows how much attacking positions we get in, but they come to actually nothing..yet the opposition get the odd one and look much more dangerous..Also can we stop these long throws from little, they come to nothing also...

mccord was a huge miss yesterday, you didn't realise how much until he wasn't there, feel really sorry for malin as he has never let us down and deserved his chance, sukar was also terrible again yesterday, anyone know if Davis gold has a left footed twin?

tough job for Campbell to keep players motivated after last 2 home defeats, need to keep momentum for these playoffs,