The Arbroath Thread

Any realistic rumours floating about of what players we are being linked with signing?
Only players I have heard  rumours about are Thomas O'Brien from Forfar and the goalkeeper from Stirling.

Craig Malcolm of Stranraer

Skelly showed glimpses of ability this season but will need to improve for the step up in division. I'd happily keep him tho. Smyth was terrific when given his chance. His introduction as a DM gave Pongo and Whately so much more freedom. I'd keep Smyth over Skelly but also can't see him staying up here.

Also I met Matty the other night while enjoying a few adult beverages with the Mrs, he was a very nice guy. Said he was wanting to stay at Dundee

So which players do we have signed up as a definite?

I would sign up the majority of the players as i reckon they are capable of the step up.

Would take Skelly from the Dees and TOB and Swankie from Farfir (that is why i hope they do not go up as it would be easier to entice them to Gayfield if we were in a league above them) also why not try and get Andy Webster for a season, he always stated he would love to finish his career back at the Red Lichties.

In regards young Hester i would love to keep him and maybe loan him out even to the Mo as i just think he is a goalscorer, would hate to free him and the Mo sign him and he rattles in goals for them i just think it is a chance worth taken keeping him signed with us but loan him out for game time at a decent level and see what he does.

I reckon if we kept 10-12 of our current squad and add 6 quality players we would not be far away.