The Arbroath Thread

I'd be quite content with excess spending until we reach Europe, and then starting again in the highland league.

Sure this has happened before...

Montrose fans will have their profile pictures labelled with #StripTheTitles

Sure this has happened before...

Montrose fans will have their profile pictures labelled with #StripTheTitles

I was thinking more Gretna than Rangers tbh, imagine what full time training would do for a 54-year old Kenny Deuchar (probably kill him)

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv heard a rumour we might be trying to go full time

I believe Dick and Ian have a very successful business and I doubt very much if Arbroath could pay them enough to go full time.

Gary Bollan ,meanwhile,is looking for a full time gig. Swap perhaps?

You'll have to increase your revenue greatly to justify that, where will it come from?

If Airdrie can do it....

Fwiw I really don't think there's anything in it. We should be aiming to be the best PT team in the country and doing what Alloa and Dumbarton are.

Dumbarton are such a well run club. You'd do well to talk to them, see what has been keeping them so high for so long now. And I don't mean going signing Lewis Vaughan on loan although that'd be hilarious again! [emoji1]

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv heard a rumour we might be trying to go full time

In my 60+years of supporting A.F.C. I can only think of only one time that the club have had any full-time players and that was J.Fraser in 1958 when we were promoted into the then 1st Division. It would be better if we have the funds to pay better wages and in particular to give a good bonus for wins and promotion which is what I think we did in the 70's.