The Arbroath Thread

I agree that it's a big step up in terms of the top teams being full time but don't think there will be a massive jump for the part time teams. We competed well with east fife, queens park, Albion, stranraer in the past and don't think it's a big step to be competitive with them next season.

Of course not but half of the games next season are going to be very difficult to get something from, be a big test, and although I think Hester and Skelly can make an impact uptop, don't think you can rely on them too much as a main striker.

Both just young lads with a lot of potential, think Skelly in particular will become a very good player at this level, but still think we will sign another striker. Pruntys there as an experienced squad player who may or may not start depending on fitness and form I'm guessing, just like last year.

its crucial that we sign an experienced striker to support doris this season.to many times last season he ploughed a lone furrow up front . i like skelly more as a wide player puts in some great crosses. young hester the jury is still out on him but we will see. but also remember doris still not signed yet

I think this league will suit Prunty better as you should get a bitty more time on the ball as opposed to the "hurly-burly" of the 2nd division.

Also getting Prunts to have a full pre-season should help him as when we signed him he had been idle after a long injury problem.

He is a class clever player, you seen that will his hold up play and his runs off the ball, yes he lacks pace but i think he will get more game time this season and expect to see more goals from him, Doris will be our main striker with either Prunty or Skelly (albeit he can play wide) as his partner with Hester more of an impact sub so i would expect we still have space to bring in another main striker as i would also class Linn and Fearns as wide players as opposed to strikers.