The Arbroath Thread

Good to see we have 2 keepers signed up, Gomes no. 1 but will have more pressure for his place than last season. Will pendle make a special short sleeve goalie top for Gibson?

All players from last season who have agreed to stay on at Arbroath, I really do think when it was announced it meant that they have signed up. Will happily accept a backlash if I'm wrong.

Think it's pretty obvious Gomes will and should start as no1, he was the keeper for the champions while Gibson struggled with Clyde,  however I like the idea of having a proper no2 signed instead of whoever is available on loan to keep ricki on his toes, 

Think it's pretty obvious Gomes will and should start as no1, he was the keeper for the champions while Gibson struggled with Clyde,  however I like the idea of having a proper no2 signed instead of whoever is available on loan to keep ricki on his toes, 

Yeah if you look what happened last season Gomes got injured against Inverness U20 just before the season started and that forced us to go with Mutch from the start. Now only DC will know if he would have put Gomes or Mutch in from the start but that forced his hand. Having a proper experienced back up if certainly preferable.

Yeah if you look what happened last season Gomes got injured against Inverness U20 just before the season started and that forced us to go with Mutch from the start. Now only DC will know if he would have put Gomes or Mutch in from the start but that forced his hand. Having a proper experienced back up if certainly preferable.

59 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Agree with this, ultimately it didn't matter in the end but looks like lessons have been learned.

The close season is really slow and not much happens.

So here, is a #GoalOfTheDay from Fans Favourite, #FastEddie Ferns.

Here, Fast Eddie, against Falkirk, brilliantly controls the ball from deep inside his own half. Before turning Falkirk defenders inside out and smashing a shot into the roof of the net.

[emoji1376]