The Arbroath Thread

6 hours ago, Moo said:

Fucking hell, two friendlies in ffs and won them both. Says more about Arbroath that they couldn't hold on to their lead.

If we'd been playing Lothian Hutchison Vale, took 80 minutes to score and only did so when they had 4 trialists and arguably 3 of the first 11, I'd be ragin.

18 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Stevie Doris & Gavin Swankie played together between 2010-2012

2010/2011 (league, cup, total)

Doris 25(5) 16, 2 1, 27(5) 17

Swankie 29(1) 21, 2 0, 31(1) 21

2011/2012

Doris 33 20, 3 0, 36 20

Swankie 28(5) 11, 3 0, 31(5) 11

Totals as a strike partnership.

Doris 58(5) 36, 5 1, 63(5) 37

Swankie 57(6) 32, 5 0, 62(6) 32

68 games 69 goals

On 7/8/2017 at 17:37, 1320Lichtie said:

Pretty penny made. Probably 3500 people in the space of 48 hours paying on average £7.50 a head plus pies/shop etc.

3500 people in 48 hours?

2081 on Thursday and 2050 yesterday = 4131.

Thought for 75 mins yesterday we controlled the game but when we took Gomes,Hammy & TOB off you could see we were probably going to concede goals.

Thought Little was superb and Yule was great again really every player done well, great play from Prunty to set up Kane we really should have scored.

The officials were pipe-reek and DFC were getting frustrated and some of their players were getting bitty dirty in the challenges.

Well played in the last 2 games the Red Lichties. 

Thought Arbroath were very good and Dundee seemed to just be a team of big brutes!! Seemed to be a very high line in second half, disjointed because of subs? Just seemed a matter of time before a Dundee player timed a run correctly. Gomes coming out catching crosses in first half was encouraging!

3500 people in 48 hours?
2081 on Thursday and 2050 yesterday = 4131.
Thought for 75 mins yesterday we controlled the game but when we took Gomes,Hammy & TOB off you could see we were probably going to concede goals.
Thought Little was superb and Yule was great again really every player done well, great play from Prunty to set up Kane we really should have scored.
The officials were pipe-reek and DFC were getting frustrated and some of their players were getting bitty dirty in the challenges.
Well played in the last 2 games the Red Lichties. 

Not everyone would've paid though. Surely be about 500 season tickets used

looking forwards to tonights game against bolton. Another tough game for the lichties an english championship side who i imagine will be a big physical side.I have really enjoyed the pre- season games a high standard of opposition.plus with hill o beath on saturday top junior side a ground i have never been to so looking forward to that also .

I think this season we've got our friendly schedule absolutely spot on. Having 3 games against good, full time teams is far better for the fitness levels and experience/ development of the team than playing Keith/ Fraserburgh etc. at home in friendlies. We've also tied it in nicely with games against Edinburgh City and Hill o' Beath to give more game time and get some goals (hopefully!).

I see Hill O'Beath are managed by ex Arbroath 'legend' Kevin Fotheringham, whose time with us ended abruptly when he was swiftly moved on to Brechin after getting his dick out in our team photo. Unfortunately our unsuspecting staff never realising until it was too late and we'd ordered all the calanders etc. with the team photo on it and Fotheringham's brains on full display.

What other ridiculous things have happened over the years off the pitch? Andy Dow thinking he was so big time he deserved to start every single week, and throwing the toys out of the pram and going home pre match because he was named on the bench another several months of utterly abject displays is up there for me..... the useless c**t was surposed to be our club captain at the time for f**k sake :lol:

Of course a special mention must go to Paul Browne for his fake 'contract' offer to Eddie Forrest. That whole story was utterly bizarre...

From what I remember, both of them were vying for a contract at Gayfield. Browne phoned up Eddie Forrest pretending to be the Raith chairman offering him a deal, and Forrest then told Arbroath he would be joining Raith so we signed up Browne. A few days later it comes out that the phone call was a fake, the police get involved, we subsequently sack Browne and re-sign Eddie Forrest on very good terms.

Several weeks later, Forrest gets a full time offer from Partick Thistle, demands to leave and we bring back Paul Browne from no-where to sign for us as his replacement :lol::lol::lol:

Looks like Jamie Henry has been signed then? Not down as a trialist on the team sheet like he was for the last two.

Dunno about the first game but all the names were on the team sheet last time too, just had a N/R next to them. Maybe whoever done them just forgot.

After slagging him just a few weeks ago he's been ok in the two friendlies. More of a midfielder though so probably covered there.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dunno about the first game but all the names were on the team sheet last time too, just had a N/R next to them. Maybe whoever done them just forgot.

After slagging him just a few weeks ago he's been ok in the two friendlies. More of a midfielder though so probably covered there.

Aye thats what i meant. Last two games he was down as N/R with the rest of the lads. Might just be an oversight. He did not bad in right back against Aberdeen, so wouldnt be a terrible idea.