The Arbroath Thread

if we are going to play 4 4 2 it has to be swankle and doris upfront .Against dundee i thought they played very well together at times is was like seasons gone by.Lets face it swankie is a class player sure he has faults which we all know about . Its all about how dc manages them regarding hester defo would keep him as a back up. but hearing dc already trying to get him loaned out .

if we are going to play 4 4 2 it has to be swankle and doris upfront .Against dundee i thought they played very well together at times is was like seasons gone by.Lets face it swankie is a class player sure he has faults which we all know about . Its all about how dc manages them regarding hester defo would keep him as a back up. but hearing dc already trying to get him loaned out .

Don't think there is any chance we are going to play 4-4-2

Gomes

gold little Tob hammy

Yule    Whatley 

linn     McCord     Denholm

Doris

Most probable starting 11, but also hard to see swankie on bench after fee was paid, 

Again very surprised to see Henry signed and wouldn't be surprised to see likes of Prunty Malin Kader or Hester released or loaned with amount of forward players wee have, would like to keep Kane as an impact sub and to fill in at right back when needed 

Edited by lichtiekev

Gomes
gold little Tob hammy
    Yule    Whatley 
linn     McCord     Denholm
           Doris
Most probable starting 11, but also hard to see swankie on bench after fee was paid, 
Again very surprised to see Henry signed and wouldn't be surprised to see likes of Prunty Malin Kader or Hester released or loaned with amount of forward players wee have, would like to keep Kane as an impact sub and to fill in at right back when needed 

Think the system is correct, but we did not pay 8k for Gav for him not to start

I'd sign a petition so that Kane doesn't go out on loan. I think he is good enough to be rotated between the strikers we have as he offers something different from the other strikers. I think Malin is the player who will get the least game time and although he has a good attitude I wouldn't be disappointed if he found another club.

Have we completely forgotten about Skelly?
I agree that Kane has shown some promise in pre season however there is no way he will play ahead of Doris or Swankie, he will be loaned out, surely Prunty's days are numbered also?

I really don't think Kane will be loaned out and I hope he isn't.

Skelly and Omar can both play on the wing, 4 wingers there really which is what you need. I'd class him as a winger now and he can also play in the 10 which helps.

Out and out strikers we've only really got Doris/Kane and Prunty. I'd keep both Kane and Prunty around, especially Kane though.

Swanks and McCord are very similar and like I said last night both can play at the same time as both can also play deeper. Then Yule and Whatley bring similar qualities and again both can play at the same time depending on game.

Like SL87 said it's really a good thing that we've got so many options and guys that can play in a number of positions. Form/injuries/suspension should mean we're well covered and as you seen last season everyone played a part. I would like to see another LB option though. We've got Hammy, then I have no doubt Gold or Whatley or whoever could fill in but would prefer a natural option.

I don't think we'll use many loans to start with either so we should have some in the bank to use if we come across a problem but as it stands we just seem to have players that can play in a lot of different roles which is great.

On 7/7/2017 at 23:23, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Gomes

Gold Little TOB Hamilton

Linn McCord Yule Denholm

Swankie

Doris  

Subs

Whatley

Prunty

Hester

Skelly

Kader