The Arbroath Thread

Maybe it's an unfortunate angle, but he look like he's been in the pies again. [emoji53]

It's a million times better than last pre season.

It's definitely the photo not doing him justice, looked quick strong and fit against some good players. Another 5 weeks or whatever until the league, suspect he'll be looking mighty fine come kick off. [emoji6]

Transformation of him in a year has been incredible.

Thought he was our best player first half. Competition for places is going to be high this season.

Which isn't a bad thing. Also bodes well when we pick up injuries and suspensions. Looked as if Denholm can play in the middle as well. He impressed me there in the first half.

Agreed with the last half dozen or so posts - things seem to be more positive on and off the park than they have been since the early 2000s. Off the park, we've really progressed in several areas and the stuff that's been done with the trophy May/ the open day etc. have been hugely successful in my opinion. On the park we've got the potential to really push for promotion from this division with the squad we're building and we've obviously got some ambition with 4/5 of the squad on 2 year deals.

I think on the park we were in just as good a position squad wise the last time we came up but the way we've pushed things off the park in the last few months means there is a really good, optimistic feeling around the club right now.

Agreed with the last half dozen or so posts - things seem to be more positive on and off the park than they have been since the early 2000s. Off the park, we've really progressed in several areas and the stuff that's been done with the trophy May/ the open day etc. have been hugely successful in my opinion. On the park we've got the potential to really push for promotion from this division with the squad we're building and we've obviously got some ambition with 4/5 of the squad on 2 year deals.
I think on the park we were in just as good a position squad wise the last time we came up but the way we've pushed things off the park in the last few months means there is a really good, optimistic feeling around the club right now.

100 percent Agree, and turn your music down you just blanked me an hour ago.

Agree with Simon also, had a feeling Yule would be decent with the teams rumoured to be in for him, at no point did I think he would have that stature or the confidence he seemed to display, wont get carried away after one game but could be a real find.

Hi guys, I need some advice,I am not I.T. literate and having difficulty downloading the highlights of last nights game on Aberdeen F.C t.v.. Do I have to sign up to a twitter account for this to happen?

You need to subscribe to RedTV to see the full highlights I'm sure mate. £8.99 and you'll be able to watch them if you're really desperate... also get their Europa home leg on it I think. ;)

On 7/6/2017 at 11:02, 1320Lichtie said:

What players are actually available tonight then? Anyone know?

Gomes

Gold
Little
ToB
Hammy

Denholm
Yule
Malin
Linn

Doris
Skelly
Hester?

Says 14 in paper but can't think who I'm missing

Kader and Swankie and Prunty and Malin.

I reckon a back up keeper and another  defender (local boy Kerr Waddle on loan from Dundee FC??) would complete the squad.

I thought last night we played excellent and our fitness levels were also very good, remember we were playing against a very good Aberdeen FC who are the 2nd best team in Scotland and they played their full 1st team.

Great signing is Yule who i thought was our best player on the night (although everybody played well) and what about Kane Hester, absolute brilliant when he came on and he caused them loads of problems, he seems to have filled out a bit and he is a "pest" given defenders no time on the ball, really hope DC gives him more chances this season and does not loan him out again, he is an excellent impact sub and with 8 subs on the bench this season we need a big squad.

All in all looking good with 2 hard friendlies coming up in Dundee FC and Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday.

p.s. great crowd last night also in 2,081 although a few folk myself included thought it looked nearer 2,500.