The Arbroath Thread

a good performance from the guys tonight. d d defo of the pace but that 90 mins will help him. at times tonight i thought we gave the ball away cheaply but overall lots of positives to take from the game. heard we have signed kyle lander ex dunfermline keeper

Denholm was awful tonight. Nothing going forward and left Hammy isolated behind him. Very surprised that he got 90 mins. Personally would have taken him off, pushed Bobby to LW and Kane through the middle.

I'm not overly worried about him at this stage. Still very happy to have him.

Campbell interview. Probably explains why DD was left on, really needs the fitness. 5 school teachers in the team including him and they've all missed loads of pre season. Raves about Blair Yule too. Still early days but got to agree he looks outstanding, even his fitness at this stage looks superb. Never stops.

ETA: 5 school teachers in the side by the way, smartest team in the league??? [emoji1]

David Hutton was a superb goalie for us in the old first division (and he was busy in his last couple of seasons!) but seems to have more bad than good reviews since leaving us.

No idea why he all of a sudden turned shit :lol:

David Hutton was indeed with us at Dunfermline. An absolute fraud of a goalkeeper, but apparently a good guy to have in the squad for morale and enthusiasm. Just don't expect any clean sheets ever again.

He won't be number 1.

We have this guy

59d35429295dfad40adb0624e437765c.jpg

[emoji7]

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Look at it positively. McCord having some proper competition in there could really bring out the best in him. Also you've got to give the guy a chance to do his pre season before saying that surely.

Boys still a class act and will play a huge part I'm sure. Can't wait for him to be fit. emoji6.png

If you read again, I have said I love him as a player, I just think taking his fitness levels into consideration and with the signings of Yule and Swankie it is going to be difficult for him to force his way into the team short term especially with him not really doing a pre season. Would be stupid to write him off, the guy is class.

A subby keeper and a couple of cover defenders is pretty essential now. I didnt realise u cant have trialists in these games. Bit of a joke really as its effectively a pre season tournament

Its also become very evident how one footed denholm is, pretty much rules out him and bobby playing as inverted wingers if he canny even kick the ball with his right

David Hutton was indeed with us at Dunfermline. An absolute fraud of a goalkeeper, but apparently a good guy to have in the squad for morale and enthusiasm. Just don't expect any clean sheets ever again.

Was he the keeper who played against forfar couple of seasons back?

When Sanny ran 20 yards with the ball then ball rolled it round him and stuck it away, leading into a celebration in front of the pars seething...

Glorious

11 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Was he the keeper who played against forfar couple of seasons back?

When Sanny ran 20 yards with the ball then ball rolled it round him and stuck it away, leading into a celebration in front of the pars seething...

Glorious

Oh how you must miss the glory days with DC as manager... any other glorious moments you care to share with us?!