The Arbroath Thread

Savour the expectation....there may be a bit of a reality check this Saturday. We've struggled against Queens in recent seasons - usually well organised, physical, competitive and defensive. Boring and frustrating games and often ending 0-1. We haven't enjoyed the best starts in recent seasons either..but last season shows that's not always critical. Let the real stuff commence

In recent years Queens Park have more than matched us. It's important not to get out of our prams regardless of the result tomorrow. Doesn't stop me really looking forward to it tho.
GK
Gold
Hamilton
Little
O'Brien
Yule
McCord
Linn
Swankie
Denholm
Doris

I agree, if all fit this will be the starting 11, in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-1-1 formation, but I also think this may be in the wrong thread, just a thought

18 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Savour the expectation....there may be a bit of a reality check this Saturday. We've struggled against Queens in recent seasons - usually well organised, physical, competitive and defensive. Boring and frustrating games and often ending 0-1. We haven't enjoyed the best starts in recent seasons either..but last season shows that's not always critical. Let the real stuff commence

I mind a game about a year and a half ago, we lost 1-0 and it was exactly like this. Starting lineup was full of loan players (skelly and Henry who I think got sent off). Was one of the most frustrating expeiences at gayfield in a long time. We were mince, they were a pie. And they'd  had been sittin oot of the fridge for a fortnight. 

Rank.

Edited by Buzz Lichtyear
Misspelling

I mind a game about a year and a half ago, we lost 1-0 and it was exactly like this. Starting lineup was full of loan players (skelly and Henry who I think got sent off). Was one of the most frustrating expeiences at gayfield in a long time. We were mince, they were a pie. And they'd  had been sittin oot of the fridge for a fortnight. 
Rank.

That was when Henry was sent off for kicking the ball away.....when we were 1-0 down late on.

An update on the riduclulous situation re no physio when Doris went off. 

The physio is on holiday and the Club attempted to get one from an agency. There were none available so they approached Queens Park who agreed that their physio would be available for both teams. However the sore losing wegie b*****ds reneged on the agreement when their dirty twat number 5 took Stevie out after the whistle. 

I hope their manager and the number 5 have a hedgehog for their next shite!!

Edited by WT Figo
Spelling