The Arbroath Thread

What's the parking like around Gayfield? Driving up tomorrow for Falkirk friendly and not sure if there's parking at the stadium? 

Drive past ground, first right afterwards, massive grass area for parking. Could park your car a foot away from the grounds boundary wall if you really wanted.

47 minutes ago, superlichtie87 said:

Anyone know if any trialists will be playing tonight?

I hear that Gary Fraser might play tonight.

13 minutes ago, superlichtie87 said:

The striker from Montrose.

And to shut up some wishful thinkers, Nat Wedderburn has signed for Raith Rovers.

If he does as well as he did last time there shouldn't be much chance of signing him. That's my wishful thinking. 

Nothing against Gary Fraser whatsoever; but he simply isn't at top end League 1 level in my opinion. He could probably get another club in League 2 and do a job similar to Montrose last season though.

Would strongly suspect it is just a numbers thing... would hope so also!

Doesnt matter what Hester does in a friendly. He will always find himself down the pecking order when the season starts.

The boy needs game time away from the club and if he goes to Elgin he may well get far more game time than he will get here.

A beautiful evening for the beautiful game to be played. Good run out against a full time team, we did ourselves justice with some good performances, particularly in the first half. The new signings looked good and the game was rounded off with a smashing goal by someone that I didn't think would get on the pitch, so well done Kane Hester, hope you do well when out on loan.

Gold was terrible tonight, hopefully just blowing off the cobwebs.

Heard he is only just back from holiday and hasn’t trained or anything in his defence. Once again impressed buy hester, gave the hearts defence all kinds of problems with his high work rate & closing down & deserved his goal. Pity he’s going out on loan as i think he’s a great option to have come the bench & start the odd game

You know it's pre-season when 'Kanemania' starts. I predict the following will happen on repeat until Kane leaves the club as a veteran 37 year old who is still described as a 'raw talent' who 'could come good' and 'has potential'.

Pre-season - Kane plays 3/4 pre-season games, gets a goal or two and looks promising. Fans believe he should get his chance this year and get more game time in competitive matches.

Late July/ August - Kane gets a small amount of game time during competitive matches, shows glimpses of what he can do, but overall is  not as good a player as others we have in his position.

Sometime during season - Kane is loaned out to another club in our league/ the league below after getting occaisional game time in which his flaws are  shown up. Kane gets 1/2 goals for team he is on loan at. Everytime one of our strikers doesn't score in a game, fans demand Kane comes back and starts ahead of him.

Post season - Fans discuss if Kane should be kept on due to his potential/ work rate/ raw talent etc. The fans are divided, but eventually Kane signs a new deal at the club and everyone hopes he can fufill his potential the following season.

1 minute ago, SimonLichtie said:

You know it's pre-season when 'Kanemania' starts. I predict the following will happen on repeat until Kane leaves the club as a veteran 37 year old who is still described as a 'raw talent' who 'could come good' and 'has potential'.

Pre-season - Kane plays 3/4 pre-season games, gets a goal or two and looks promising. Fans believe he should get his chance this year and get more game time in competitive matches.

Late July/ August - Kane gets a small amount of game time during competitive matches, shows glimpses of what he can do, but overall is  not as good a player as others we have in his position.

Sometime during season - Kane is loaned out to another club in our league/ the league below after getting occaisional game time in which his flaws are  shown up. Kane gets 1/2 goals for team he is on loan at. Everytime one of our strikers doesn't score in a game, fans demand Kane comes back and starts ahead of him.

Post season - Fans discuss if Kane should be kept on due to his potential/ work rate/ raw talent etc. The fans are divided, but eventually Kane signs a new deal at the club and everyone hopes he can fufill his potential the following season.

This Kane guy sounds good, want to swap Alex Harris for him? We'll through in Scott Shepherd too.